U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2007, 08:49 PM

48 posts, read 234,837 times

Advertisements

We are looking to move into a home in the Cainhoy area. The neighborhood is River Reach Pointe. We love the house and the area still has a Charleston address and great access to the Wando River, however, it seems that we are not close to any grocery stores or restaurants or anything. Does anyone else live in the area or know if anything is coming to the area??? Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2007, 09:06 AM

1,125 posts, read 3,385,062 times
I am assuming that you are purchasing rather than renting a home in River Reach Pointe as it is quite a new community. You are correct in that the Clements Ferry Rd. area is somewhat isolated. I suspect that most of your day to day activities would probably revolve around the Mt. Pleasant area. I assume that you are aware of the quality of the Elementary and Middle Schools in which River Reach pointe is located. The test scores are quite low. If you do not have children or intend to have them, than from an education standpoint that may not be relevant. However, from a potential appreciation standpoint, the quality of the schools associated with a neighborhood is generally very important all things equal. I suspect that the area will attract some grocery stores and restaurants in the future, although I believe that it may take some time, particulary since Mt. Pleasant offers everything one would need and thus such retail establishments would unlikely attract Mt. Pleasant residents to make them profitable in the short term. From following comments on this forum for some time, I am aware that there are some that do not see the true value in using a Realtor to purchase a home, particularly from a for sale by owner or "on site agent" representing the builder of a development. If you are considering purchasing a home In River Reach Pointe, I would certainly recommend you ask your Realtor the positives and negatives of any home, subdivision and community before "signing on the dotted line."

Old 07-17-2007, 11:54 AM

153 posts, read 706,657 times
Again, reiterating what I wrote in your West Ashley question, while Cainhoy is considered the "last frontier" of the city of Chas, it still is a bit isolated. USCJoe sums it up rather well. I'll say this, the Daniel Island/Cainhoy section of Chas will end up becoming a prime economic/residential destination, but it will take about 5-10 years for that. If you plan on living in Chas for the long term, River Reach will be a good investment, but you do need to consider the isolation associated with it. Clements Ferry Road will become a major artery for groceries and other retail, but give it a few years.

Old 01-01-2016, 02:37 PM

1 posts, read 908 times
Default River Reach

We are thinking about buying in River Reach. Can anyone tell me anything about the neighborhood. What is the traffic like on Clements Ferry Road? Thanks for any help.

Old 01-01-2016, 04:16 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,062,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbgolf View Post
We are thinking about buying in River Reach. Can anyone tell me anything about the neighborhood. What is the traffic like on Clements Ferry Road? Thanks for any help.
Clements ferry traffic is crazy in morings/ afternoon. I work off of it and it gets bad although they suppose to be widdening it soon which should have been though but very nice area that is Growing very fast. Heard rumors of lowes and other stores to be comming soon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area