U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 08:04 PM

1,186 posts, read 1,599,459 times

Advertisements

Where are the pics?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 08:09 PM

1,186 posts, read 1,599,459 times
Here's what I'd look like if i were there
Attached Thumbnails
OK guys,,here is our first free Oyster roast!-loungin.jpg  

Old 01-27-2011, 08:22 PM

1,793 posts, read 3,053,435 times
Hey DJ and OTC,,,,Silversides looks like a good match for Deb,,,,,ya think? Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha!!!!

Looks like they would get along great!

DJ posted the pic's,,,I just didnt see the link to'em. Here they are again.

ImageShack(TM) slideshow

Old 01-28-2011, 06:00 AM

7,934 posts, read 15,064,825 times
Rick, click on the imageshack link in DJ's post, they show up in a little slide show.....

Old 01-28-2011, 08:47 AM

1,195 posts, read 3,002,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Rick Hiott View Post
check and see what the ladson store has for next Thrusday.
that one I'd try to make as long as I'm not piled high with work, it's just a few miles away...

Old 01-31-2011, 09:22 AM

2,223 posts, read 4,402,037 times
Speaking of oysters!! Couple of us are doing an oyster roast for SB Sunday, we are either going with clusters or selects from either Ladson seafood OR Jedburg seafood. Any ideas on which may have the better price/selection. And whats the real difference between clusters and selects, other than the huge price difference.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:35 AM

7,934 posts, read 15,064,825 times
Clusters are normally cheaper, selects are easier to open and serve.....

Old 01-31-2011, 04:36 PM

1,793 posts, read 3,053,435 times
You throw away more oysters with clusters, and sometimes time they have more mud on them than the singles.

There is a guy on here named Paul, "Sellsfish" that should be able to get you a good price on them too............

Old 01-31-2011, 07:04 PM

1,195 posts, read 3,002,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrplr View Post
Speaking of oysters!! Couple of us are doing an oyster roast for SB Sunday, we are either going with clusters or selects from either Ladson seafood OR Jedburg seafood. Any ideas on which may have the better price/selection. And whats the real difference between clusters and selects, other than the huge price difference.
this LARGEST difference IMHO is that clusters are usually local and taste much better than the single selects that usually come from Texas or somewhere near where the Mississippi river dumps out into the gulf... the singles have been washed out by all the fresh water and just don't have a lot of taste

then of course the obvious, takes more time to eat the clusters until you become real familiar with how to speed through them like most of us that grew up eating them many times a year in different friends/families back yards!

if you get clusters make sure you wash them real good in your yard with a hose, you want to wash as much of the mud off of the shells as you can...

I prefer the clusters hands down!
tastier and saltier

Old 02-01-2011, 05:48 AM

2,223 posts, read 4,402,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meks View Post
this LARGEST difference IMHO is that clusters are usually local and taste much better than the single selects that usually come from Texas or somewhere near where the Mississippi river dumps out into the gulf... the singles have been washed out by all the fresh water and just don't have a lot of taste

then of course the obvious, takes more time to eat the clusters until you become real familiar with how to speed through them like most of us that grew up eating them many times a year in different friends/families back yards!

if you get clusters make sure you wash them real good in your yard with a hose, you want to wash as much of the mud off of the shells as you can...

I prefer the clusters hands down!
tastier and saltier
I've definitely heard that the taste is better. We ended up getting a real good price Rick and reserved them yest. Also went w/ the clusters, cost was a factor as we are getting 5 bushels. Few of my friends also recommended we go the cluster route, taste and cost were the reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area