Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2011, 05:10 AM

1,186 posts, read 1,940,469 times

Advertisements

Through the miracle of the internet, and for me the amazing iphone... I'm able to listen to local Charleston radio. With out going into political bias and such, is there a local station that is truely local? I'm trying to get in touch with the general way of thinking and just get familiar with what interests people who live in and around Charleston. Just hearing the weather makes me smile. Yea, we have snow here too blah blah blah

On a high note, we're going to the Chicago boat show this weekend to check out some 24-26 footers. Anything special I should consider? I like Sea Ray hulls and overall quality, but I'm open minded. Wifey says we have to be able to at least sleep on it. God I love her....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 05:36 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,327,603 times
WTMA is the local news talk, am 1250 and they stream on line, FM 94.3 is good in the early morning for local news weather and traffic.

We lost our best rock n roll station to some stupid syndicated morning mooron show....

Old 01-13-2011, 05:55 AM

77 posts, read 202,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
WTMA is the local news talk, am 1250 and they stream on line, FM 94.3 is good in the early morning for local news weather and traffic.

We lost our best rock n roll station to some stupid syndicated morning mooron show....

Not too much of a fan of WTMA now a days...liked it better before when the other two guys where on there....

also...Bubba is much better than the chicks that used to be on 98...

Old 01-13-2011, 06:08 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,327,603 times
Bubba sucks, atleast the girls were local and discussed local issues, instead of the inane attempt at humor from that moron......

Old 01-13-2011, 06:29 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,639,255 times
Have you looked at Cobalt boats SilverSides?
Cobalt Boats - Compromise Nothing (http://www.cobaltboats.com/v11/index.php - broken link)

When Im on the computer, I listen to Pandora. You guys ever use it?
I like Jazz by Steve Oliver Pandora Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music

Old 01-13-2011, 08:18 AM

2,527 posts, read 8,018,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
Bubba sucks, atleast the girls were local and discussed local issues, instead of the inane attempt at humor from that moron......
I agree. I don't listen to 98 anymore in the mornings, which is horrible, since that's when I need the rock to wake me up. I couldn't take 2 minutes of listening to the Bubba show.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:02 PM

1,186 posts, read 1,940,469 times
Well I've become fond of listening to WTMA, although I'm guessing that if I went to a local gathering the chat would be more even handed than the highly right leaning host projects ( I consider myself an independent FWIW)

I work in peoples home frequently, and they are endlessly intrigued that I would listen to a station from SC. I've learned that many midwesterners dream of going to the carolinas.

Capt. Rick, the Cobalts are to die for, the sense of solidity, and quality makes them a fair comparison to a BMW, or a Mercedes. They are priced accordingly. I will likely go for something 10yrs old or such, with a closed cooling system. I do my own marine maintenance, or any of them would be out of the question. BTW, I learned that Sea Ray is no longer built by Sea Ray.....and it shows. Crownline has a superb offering, and if I was richy rich i would show up on a Formula-----hoo boy

This next week I'll tune in 94.3 and see what's up.

I really enjoy Pandora, and stream it to the jobsite radio through the amazing iPhone. Just to let y'all know where my little head is at, here's a list of my Pandora stations:

Joe Bonanmassa
Derek Sherinian
Blues Essentials
Blues Rock
Clay Walker
Jason Mraz
Rock Hits
Classical Music
Porcupine Tree
The Rippingtons
Electric Light Orchestra
U2
The Doobie Brothers
The Sax Pack
For Eric Satie
Foreigner
Johann Sebastian Bach
Jamey Johnson
Brooks and Dunn
Ludwig Von Beethoven
Van Halen
Enigma
Bon Jovi
Journey
Alternative Pop/Rock
Bonnie Raitt
Creed
Bob Seger
Diana Krall
Kieth Urban
Josh Groban
Stained
Joss Stone
Chris Botti
The Eagles

I don't know how I missed Steve Oliver, I'll pick him next week
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area