U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2011, 03:59 PM

3,180 posts, read 2,669,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aux View Post
Food for thought for some from the article "Signs of a desperate woman"

Men never take a desperate woman seriously, keep that in mind. You are in a category of an undateable woman.
A desperate woman is like a leech, she's scary, she sticks like a glue and sucks the life out of every man she's with. If ever you see one man being with a desperate woman, he's most likely taking advantage of her desperation. But with a snap of finger, a decent man would never hesitate to leave a desperate woman for someone who is more confident and grounded.
So again, consult and assess yourself, do you really want to be the desperate woman every man uses or the woman every man worships?
Yeah girlfriend! Become the stable-master!

Old 02-25-2011, 04:01 PM

62 posts, read 92,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aux View Post
Food for thought for some from the article "Signs of a desperate woman"

Men never take a desperate woman seriously, keep that in mind. You are in a category of an undateable woman.
A desperate woman is like a leech, she's scary, she sticks like a glue and sucks the life out of every man she's with. If ever you see one man being with a desperate woman, he's most likely taking advantage of her desperation. But with a snap of finger, a decent man would never hesitate to leave a desperate woman for someone who is more confident and grounded.
So again, consult and assess yourself, do you really want to be the desperate woman every man uses or the woman every man worships?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u2_GQlwxbI

Old 02-25-2011, 04:04 PM

182 posts, read 434,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
I see quite a few pages have added on since I posted. In the common vernacular, when one refers to "professionals", it means they have a college degree, usually with a Masters.

I know a lot of "professionals" who are complete a$$holes who insist on being called a "professional", hence my interpretation.

I am glad you're not a snob.
I too know alot of "professionals"..some are the biggest crooks I've ever met...you can NOT judge a person by his/her profession or bank account. This economy has turned alot of "white collars" into "blue collars" so if people are judging us based on that criteria...it's gonna be a sad lonely world indeed. My college degree? haven't used it in 15 years...my profession is one that can be liscensed at at a trade school in a year or less, and I love what I do..it even pays pretty well...me snob? not by a long shot my friend! Thanks for for correcting my boneheaded post...

Old 02-25-2011, 04:14 PM
aux

40 posts, read 87,357 times
Maybe if we just all chip in and buy this girl a date she'll actually lose the desperation and become attractive to the opposite sex. The cost won't be cheap as the beer goggles will need to remain on throughout the entire evening of how her many past relationships (if you can call dinner to breakfast a relationship) were all the fault of undateable men. Every place she's lived its always some bitter guy with issues, not her. Remember, its not her. Repeat several times before the date. They guy will have to agree to "no refund policy" as he'll want to once he see's well, that he should have started drinking before the date. We may have to interview several guys before we get a sucker...I mean winner. But I'm an optimist, the technology is there. If we can put a man on the moon we can put a man on this woman, even if we have to pay him.

pokrplr- Since your headed out on the town, keep an eye out for anyone down on their luck looking to make some bank. In all fairness though, advise them they will be earning every cent of it and the feeling to never date again might not go away after the charity event.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:18 PM

I'm done here! Thanks to all of the folks who kept this thread positive and helpful for all the guys and girls who read it. The best thing is, we've found out that any place is what you make of it...you just have to go out and live your life and have fun...and Charleston is a great place for fun! I've gained some great insight and ideas for socializing in Charleston sans the bar scene. See you around the forum DJShamansky, OleTomCat, Silversides, OrangeCountyGirl and ScubaSteve...you guys are a riot! Even GordonGekkoSc provided some pretty good laughs...great sense of humor..

As for the snarky, bitter guys who post negative insults, assume they know everything there is to know about women and lump them all into the same category...there's a reason you're single Cowboy...good luck with that!

Old 02-25-2011, 04:23 PM
aux

40 posts, read 87,357 times
I wish the best to you also and there's probably a reason your longest relationship was measured in hours rather than years. But keep telling yourself its all the guys fault, not yours. You might actually end up believing it yourself some day.

And this site is full of good info and has a vast majority of good decent people, your just not one of them.

Last edited by aux; 02-25-2011 at 04:44 PM..

Old 02-27-2011, 04:15 PM

5,615 posts, read 12,788,192 times
FWIW the single guys I talked about were at a triathlon in the area yesterday in the daytime and then at a party we all were at last night. One frequents local biking groups (he rode 50 miles today) and meets a lot of people that way, the other is pretty involved with the church he goes to and there's no real pattern to where he goes... he does a lot of stuff with some people both of us know so that means going places downtown a lot (rarely alone), but not so much to bars.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:41 PM

3,383 posts, read 7,103,115 times
I would not suggest a guy that can bike 50 miles.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:15 PM

1,186 posts, read 1,598,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
I would not suggest a guy that can bike 50 miles.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:22 PM

funny post MustangEater82.. it takes a unique person to understand that kind of life and it can be demanding for sure. Thanks ScubaSteve! I have met some great friends doing triathalons here in Charleston...just the sprints, not the full blown races. GREAT people and good people to know...very positive and fun to be around! Meetup.com is a great place as well, I found some paddleboard and kayak meet ups...lots of fun things going on in Charleston that aren't bar scene related...just got to go out and find them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or