Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 02:45 PM
aux

40 posts, read 100,379 times

Advertisements

Roxanne--Are you that desperate also. Care to compare W-2's? You would lose. Want to support the problem and not tell her what no breakfast date will. Really none of your business but my guess is you really don't have much of a life either and are one of those neighborhood wonders who can't keep her mouth shut. And not to ruin your party to make yourself look better but 3 offers did come through, only 1 went NLUC. Sorry, best of luck and my condolences to your husband who has to put up with you.

Permanent Ms. Desperate--No doubt you will be back in another form blaming the world for all your problems while accepting none of the responsibility yourself. Deny it as much as you want, you even have few thin supporters here, but you know the source of your issues and its not all the guy's. Maybe Charleston has some low cost therapy there that could help you resolve your childhood issues and why you felt you grew up too fast. Success is great, maybe one day you will get your life together enough to know what it feels like.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:02 PM

182 posts, read 492,351 times
Moderator can we please shut this thread down and put this poor man out of OUR misery? Clearly he's chosen the wrong place to vent his frustrations and lament his loves lost. Personal attacks not withstanding...it's time to shut this one down

Old 03-28-2011, 04:35 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,787,321 times
Ok here's how it works.

[/thread]

Old 03-28-2011, 08:23 PM
aux

Moderator- I would agree its time to shut this one down also. The OP continues to use this forum as a dating site. There are many options for those who can't find a date rather than begging for one here.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:37 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,787,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
Ok here's how it works.

[/thread]
Bolded it this time...

Old 03-29-2011, 05:46 AM

1,186 posts, read 1,939,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
Bolded it this time...
Boldly stated Steve

Old 03-29-2011, 07:47 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,164,274 times
Boy am I glad I don't have to deal with the dating scene .... LOL!

Old 03-30-2011, 07:35 AM

870 posts, read 1,986,997 times
The Ratio is kind of a myth in my opinion.

I am a local man who has dated women in this town for more than a decade (since sometime in high school)

Most of those dates were just that. One date. They ended fully clothed and with me wishing I could get those couple of hours back.

See there may be a plethora of women in Charleston as compared to the male population but that is not to say that there are "two girls for every guy" (or, according to some accounts 12 girls for every guy). It just means that more women live here than men.

I am an educated (almost, I graduate May 7), 29 year old man with a good job, I own my own house (I pay a mortgage not rent), I'm not bad to look at, I'm funny, I'm smart, I'm fun to be around, I don't drink or smoke or use drugs of any kind (I don't even like taking NyQuil), I could go on but I fear I would be gushing about myself. So I have gone on dates and I've learned a lot.

SOME women around here are materialistic (gasp! I know it's shocking). They are very excited to learn I own a house but almost disgusted to find out it's in Goose Creek.

SOME women seem to think that guys are all only after one thing. Don't get me wrong, that one thing is great but I have never only been interested in one thing. Unfortunately, all single guys tend to get lumped into the same category and it hurts our chances in the long run despite the ratio.

SOME women in this town are only after one thing themselves. It isn't the same thing for the record. Their thing is a uniform. If you aren't in the military or a cadet at the Citadel (for the college age folks) then you aren't worth talking to let alone dating.

SOME women are dishonest. Some are only after money (I used to work at a hospital and had to laugh every time I saw a young nurse try to throw herself at a resident). Some...well you get the idea.

These problems are not unique to Charleston but with such a relatively large population of women in this town, the problem seems to be amplified. So while the ratio is whatever it is, the ratio of datable women to datable men is much more even.

So where do you meet someone who is datable for you? I can't answer that. It will be different for everyone. I met my girlfriend at church. She's awesome. She seems to think I'm awesome. We're happy.

/ my $.02

Old 03-30-2011, 10:51 AM
aux

SOME=OP.
The OP was never really interested in finding a solution. Her entire world revolves around blaming the men of Charleston for not lowering their standards enough to date her. Church would only be an option for her if they served alcohol and had rooms to rent by the hour, otherwise there would be no reason to show up. Anyone really interested in finding a quality mate would have approached the issue from the neck up instead of below it like she did. I met mine while working on my MA and she was working on her PhD. The OP doesn't seem to find education attractive and prefers the Wal-Mart approach. I can't take anyone serious who spends most of their free time in a bar and then complains why they can't meet anyone. Most likely her bar time is to find a soul mate at 2 am since no sober guy likes what he see's.

Old 03-30-2011, 12:54 PM

870 posts, read 1,986,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aux View Post
SOME=OP.
Truth is, I can't speak to that. I didn't read the entire 17 pages I just wanted to throw in what worked for me and my opinion of the ratio in Charleston.

I assume you know the OP outside the forum and have direct knowledge of her and her life. Unfortunately, without knowing her in real life I can't say anything about what she does or doesn't do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area