Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 11:06 AM

180 posts, read 405,292 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the suggestion. In talking to DW residents, Summerville and Bluffton, it is the sense of community that makes it a good place to live. Not the housing or trees, but the community center and activities, if you want to participate. We like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 05:12 PM

120 posts, read 235,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCavalier View Post
it is the sense of community that makes it a good place to live. Not the housing or trees, but the community center and activities, if you want to participate. We like that.
Well said!

Old 09-18-2011, 09:37 AM

5 posts, read 12,600 times
Default Planned Visit to Del Webb Cane Bay

We just returned from a trip to Charleston for a wedding and did spend a couple of hours looking at the Del Webb community. We now plan to return in early December for a golf weekend (not that I play golf but perhaps I can rent a bike somewhere!)

I am sure that Del Webb will have lots of things for us to do and see but if anyone on this list would like to spend 30-60 minutes talking to us and telling us about their experiences, we'd love to hear what you have to say.

Jim

Old 09-18-2011, 09:56 AM

4,281 posts, read 12,636,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnich64 View Post
We just returned from a trip to Charleston for a wedding and did spend a couple of hours looking at the Del Webb community. We now plan to return in early December for a golf weekend (not that I play golf but perhaps I can rent a bike somewhere!)

I am sure that Del Webb will have lots of things for us to do and see but if anyone on this list would like to spend 30-60 minutes talking to us and telling us about their experiences, we'd love to hear what you have to say.

Jim
My wife and (late 60's) spend several long weekends a year at Del Webb Hilton Head (Bluffton SC actually) with some friends (in their late 60's) that we knew back in the Boston area. We really like the place, enviroment, activities, people, etc. Our friends moved there in 2003 and eight years later still love the place.

Personally I would highly recommend the place. We considered it but what with my wifes family around us, she basically said no. Me, I would have moved there.

One cavaet. It is controlled by an HOA and some folks have trouble living under those type restrictions. We have lived under HOA's before (and presently do) so we understand and have zero issues with them. I suggest you might want to get a copy of the HOA Covenants and read up/become familiar with them prior to your visit and especially before committing to purchase.

Also spend sometime looking at resales there, not just new homes. For resales find a realtor that lives in Sun City. They know the area the best.

Enjoy your visit.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:03 PM

4,281 posts, read 12,636,457 times
Sorry. I just saw you were questioning about Cane Bay. We looked at it but it did not have the amenities of larger Del Webb developments. It seemed like "housing" with little else. It pales in comparision with Del Webb, Hilton Head.

Old 09-19-2011, 05:34 PM

5 posts, read 12,600 times
Default Del Webb Hilton Head

No problem. I have a friend who lives in the Hilton Head community and he loves it. The smaller size of Del Webb Charleston, however, appeals to me

Old 09-19-2011, 06:37 PM

120 posts, read 235,736 times
We moved to Del Webb Cane Bay last winter. I'm a small town guy and like it just like it is. Actually, I hate to see it grow to its projected 1,000 homes. Let me know when you're coming and I'd be glad to get with you if I can.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:58 PM

174 posts, read 650,983 times
Couldn't agree more...it's the people and the community. Also, like the fact there aren't tons of kids riding around on their bikes, so we like the restriction. It might not be for everyone, but many of us who live here are very happy and don't mind the distance to the shore or Charleston. You all know I have been here since the beginning and have seen it grow. After 4 years, we are still glad we moved here. There are some people we knew who have moved out due to various circumstances...death of a spouse and remarriage, health issues and a few who just didn't like it. It is worth a visit to see just what is here.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:38 AM

5 posts, read 10,943 times
Default Del Webb Charleston Cane Bay

Need some help from residents - before I sign this contract - tell me about the bugs - and any other creepies that may give me a heat attack -

Old 09-04-2012, 01:05 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,290,509 times
It is the deep south we have bugs year round, get on a first name basis with your exterminator...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area