U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 01:58 PM

14 posts, read 22,244 times

Advertisements

I will be visiting Charleston in june and just wondering if the men are any different from the guys that are up here in michigan. It would be nice to be appreciated and treated like a lady. not much into the party or bar scene, i've heard good and bad reviews about charleston some say you get treated well and others say that tourists are ignored and disliked . where are some places to meet other singles ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 07:31 AM

1,797 posts, read 3,064,637 times
How old are you?

Old 03-20-2011, 08:33 AM

1,186 posts, read 1,604,720 times
There's a lot of information here:

Dateable Man Drought in Charleston?

I want so bad to be a smartass and ask whatsyoursign but i'm not going to do it

Old 03-20-2011, 09:11 AM

,,,,,,,,,,,,,smartass. Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha

Old 03-20-2011, 09:18 AM

291 posts, read 464,901 times
Southern gentlemen? Yes, but not as much as there used to be. Many parents aren't teaching these values to their children any more...especially in the Charleston area where so many have migrated from other states.

Old 03-20-2011, 02:33 PM

I have to agree with you (what ever your name is)
"Some" parents these days could care less. The younger generation dont have a clue......................

Old 03-20-2011, 09:55 PM

1,195 posts, read 3,012,214 times
I'm taking it you're a cute angle born in 79... at barely 30 you should find many local gentlemen here that won't shy away from or insult a cute female tourist...

it's more the 20 somethings that don't seem to have the respect for people most of us grew up with IMHO ... but like stated, many of those were imported in... lol

I've always found midwestern people very friendly and kind, married one of them! 12 yrs today!

you should have no issues with people here, other than a few caddy women I'm sure you can ignore

enjoy your stay!

Old 03-21-2011, 04:03 AM

5,615 posts, read 12,842,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteangel79 View Post
I will be visiting Charleston in june and just wondering if the men are any different from the guys that are up here in michigan. It would be nice to be appreciated and treated like a lady. not much into the party or bar scene, i've heard good and bad reviews about charleston some say you get treated well and others say that tourists are ignored and disliked . where are some places to meet other singles ?
Coming from the northwest, people in general are a lot nicer here IMO. Of course only when its appreciated by whoever they're with.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:04 AM

77 posts, read 147,065 times
Default more importantly....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Rick Hiott View Post
How old are you?

what do you look like?
just kidding, just kidding!

Old 03-21-2011, 05:59 AM

8,231 posts, read 11,617,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteangel79 View Post

If you are just coming to visit, what exactly are you looking for?
Looking for a man and being a tourist are total opposites.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area