Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 12:08 AM

4 posts, read 11,680 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

No I am not your typical Northerner I have lived in South before. Atlanta GA during Olympics boom in late 90's for 6 years and we are coming back after 13 years in NJ cause we loved it. We are a friendly family with 3 beautiful daughters

We are planning to move to Mt Pleasant for public schools . Need suggestions on developments with Golf.

Rough few years but sold house and few accounts for a job that lets me live anywhere. We selected Charleston, SC for obvious reasons.

Interested on peoples comments on various developments with Golf for $400k-$450K. ANY COMMENTS ON WANDO HS AS WELL.

MY DAUGHTERS ARE ALL AMERICAN NICE GIRLS NOT JERSEY SHORE TYPES!
Athletes and Cheerleaders.

Any input greatly appreciated.

Thanks see you soon on links at pub or on Wando.

GW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 05:07 AM

1,541 posts, read 2,677,181 times
Charleston NationalGolf Club
We live in the Charleston National subdivision, which has a very nice golf course. I don't golf, so I can't comment on the quality. We chose this neighborhood because it is one of the very few that is walkable to Wando high school. My boys are very active in sports and JROTC, and public transportation to get the kids home if they are staying late is currently nonexistent. They'll be able to drive soon enough, but even then I'd prefer they didn't every day, since highway 17 makes me nervous. There's are some beautiful houses in the price range you listed. We are on the "flood" side of highway 17, so we had to factor in our increased insurance cost when we started looking. There's are many other golf communities that I'm sure others can tell you about.
I have a 9th grader in Wando, and he is in all advanced classes. He has been kept challenged in his classes, which has been a problem for him in the past. I have another son who will go to Wando next year, and then I'm sure I'll get to see how they deal with kids that challenge them as well. :/
Overall I've been very pleased with Wando, although it does seem to be a bit crowded, and will get worse over the next several years before Mount Pleasant decides that they really need a second high school.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:16 AM

75 posts, read 244,557 times
Hi IrishmannNJ:

Charleston National is a good neighborhood in the best school district in Charleston. We've just recently listed our house for sale and it would be perfect for you. Updated kitchen, updated bathrooms (master bath w/2 sinks and granite), five bedrooms total and we have an inground, gunnite, saltwater pool w/waterfall...and we come in under your budget. Either reply to this post or shoot me an private message and I'll shoot you the link...though you could probably find it on your own via the internet. We're with Carolina One and we're on Heathland Way (the only one with five bedrooms and a pool)... Oh and our backdoor neighbors are from NJ and we've got teenage girls across the street... A nice blend of everything..

Hope you like it...

Old 04-05-2011, 01:01 PM

4,281 posts, read 12,663,203 times
As far as golf goes there are some fine golf courses in the Mount Pleasant area. Most are public courses (Dune West, Charleston National, Wild Dunes with 2 courses, Rivertowne, Patriots Point) with only Snee Farm, Daniels Island with 2 courses, and Bulls Bay being private as in members only. None of the 3 private clubs are member owned.

Do not expect to live "directly on" any of the golf courses for less then probably starting at $400,000.

If you live in Snee Farm and are a member of the golf club, you can pay a trail fee to the club and use your own golf cart on the course plus drive back and forth from your house with it. Many older homes in Snee Farm so many are in need of updates but overall Snee Farm homes/golf is the best deal in town.

Mount Pleasant schools are considered the best in the area so available to you no matter what part of MP you live in. Also only one high school in town.

Hope this info helps.

Last edited by accufitgolf; 04-05-2011 at 01:10 PM..

Old 04-05-2011, 05:16 PM

Thank You for the info. We are looking forward to moving to SC.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:19 PM

Thanks for the information! Good stuff! Enjoy the Spring. All the best. GW

Old 04-05-2011, 05:20 PM

Thanks! Sounds great. Send me a link and we will check it out!

GW

Old 04-05-2011, 05:48 PM

75 posts, read 244,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMANNJ View Post
Thanks! Sounds great. Send me a link and we will check it out!

GW
Mount Pleasant, SC, Resale - 3274 Heathland Way, Kim and Keith Pruitt, Carolina One Real Estate

Hi - Posting a link to our home for sale in Charleston National. In the event the link doesn't work or a mediator takes it down, the MLS # is 1105270. Its a Carolina One listing.. and its on Heathland Way in Charleston National.

Its a great neighborhood and an even better house....

Thanks for taking a peek...

Old 04-06-2011, 04:52 AM

2,527 posts, read 8,016,626 times
I'd also check into Rivertowne Country Club and Dunes West, if you're looking at golf communities in MT. Pleasant exclusively.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:57 PM

1,541 posts, read 2,677,181 times
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32200358@N04/5596609191/ (broken link)
Just thought I'd share a quick snap shot I took of one of the critters living here in Charleston National. I was about a dozen feet from this guy, and directly across the road from the course. Needless to say you don't want to chase after a ball that has been hit into the water.
This particular gator likes to travel the underground pipes from pond to pond, so you never know where he or his brothers might turn up. Something to consider if you happen to choose a house with a pond behind it.
They're just little guys, but with a pond in my back yard, I keep a close eye on my kitties!
No worries though, this particular amenity is pretty much available at any of our local golf course neighborhoods, so you're bound to see them no matter where you end up!http://www.flickr.com/photos/32200358@N04/5596609191/ (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area