U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2007, 08:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,601 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

Looking for some advice. My husband and I (no kids yet) are looking to move to Charleston area from Vermont, we have been looking at Summerville for some affordable housing, but they are so many.

Anyone have anything to say about BUCKSHIRE subdivision built by KEYSTONE builders?? Or know of any other good housing developments... budget up to 250,000$ young couple (late 20s) no kids, probably working in Walterboro area.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2007, 09:27 AM

66 posts, read 177,232 times
You might want to consider looking in the Walterboro area as well. Lots more bang for your buck, close to interstates etc. I live in Cottageville, very rural area halfway between Summerville and Walterboro...given a choice, I head for Walterboro! LOL

Old 07-30-2007, 02:19 PM

890 posts, read 3,961,179 times
I don't know anything about Buckshire, but I see that it is listed in Charleston County, it is probably in the Ladson/Lincolnville area, which will put you further out. There are neighborhoods in that price range that would put you in a more convenient location for easy quick access to 17A that goes to Walterboro you might want to check out.

They are:
Highwoods Plantation
Waterside Landing
Legend Oaks Plantation
Myers Mill (I believe Keystone is building in there)

Old 08-01-2007, 09:14 PM

22 posts, read 89,906 times
We lived in Corey Woods for several years- it's affordable, in a good school district and has lots of young families with children.

There are also a lot of new subdivisions going in along Central Avenue, which is convenient to get to Walterboro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area