Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2007, 05:47 AM

13 posts, read 42,729 times

Advertisements

I have a question, I have a ten and fourteen year old boys. WHERE ARE THE BEST SCHOOLS AT????????????????????????????
I have been looking in Berkeley County area for homes to buy. I just wanted to know if there were any other schools beside Summerville and Berkeley county with good schools. Everyone I meet said that they are the best for children. We can not afford priviate schools. Can anyone help?????????
I want to look outside of these area, but I want the best for my boys.
Schools mean a lot to us, my boys are in special ed. class.
I want to look farther out, away from Charleston. My husband is working in Monck Corner. Does anyone have info , I would love to hear from you.
Dobbie Girl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 02:11 PM

153 posts, read 769,290 times
What section of Chas do you live in (or want to live in) and how long of a commute are you willing to make?

Old 07-18-2007, 05:02 AM

13 posts, read 42,729 times
sorry it has taken so long, i have been in Charleston with my husband.

My husband is willing to drive forty-five minutes to a hour if needed. We use to live in Atlanta; you always had a long drive or you just sit in traffic.
So, we are use to driving some miles if needed. We like living out in the country. Small town is for us.

Old 07-18-2007, 08:19 AM

2,501 posts, read 7,761,183 times
In Charleston County, the best schools are: any schools in Mt. Pleasant, James Island - Harborview Elem., Stiles Point Elem., Fort Johnson Middle School, and James Island charter High School, in West Ashley - Orange Grove Elem., Ashley River Creative Arts, St. Andrews Math and Science Charter School, C.E. Williams Middle (math & science charter), School of the Arts, (N. Chas.) Academic Magnet High School, and prob. some others that I can't think of. Downtown there is also Buist Academy.

Summerville area has more good than poor schools, so you wouldn't have trouble finding one there.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:20 AM

24 posts, read 123,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBeaches View Post
In Charleston County, the best schools are: any schools in Mt. Pleasant, James Island - Harborview Elem., Stiles Point Elem., Fort Johnson Middle School, and James Island charter High School, in West Ashley - Orange Grove Elem., Ashley River Creative Arts, St. Andrews Math and Science Charter School, C.E. Williams Middle (math & science charter), School of the Arts, (N. Chas.) Academic Magnet High School, and prob. some others that I can't think of. Downtown there is also Buist Academy.

Summerville area has more good than poor schools, so you wouldn't have trouble finding one there.

I have read that the Dorchester 2 discrit in Summerville is better than Dorchester 4. Doing lots of research.......

Old 08-05-2007, 10:01 PM

50 posts, read 200,709 times
Default schools

Stay away from Dorchester 4, Dorchester 2 is good, but of course it will depend on which ones.
If you are in Moncks Corner, Goose Creek, Hanahan, Daniel Isl you will be in Berkeley County. We are in Berkeley County, in Moncks Corner but we have chosen to drive our kids (45 min out in the AM) to Daniel Isl to their brand new school. It is very good and was a little more like the school they came from before we relocated. I don't know about the special ed resources you need, that would be something you prob have to research, I spent an entire summer searching for what school I could use.

If they are in elementary the Berkeley elem in Moncks Corner is rated good. I just preferred the DI, but it is difficult leaving the house at 6:15am, I will be the first to admit it.

If you lived in Summerville, that wouldn't be too tough for your husband to drive into Moncks Corner for work and their schools are def rated higher than Berkeley county.
There are plenty of affordable homes in Summerville with great Dorch2 schools. Just watch, some Summerville homes feed into Berkeley county schools, so find out before you pick the house.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area