Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2011, 04:24 PM

3 posts, read 2,615 times

Advertisements

I've decided to take a somewhat spontaneous trip to Mt. Pleasant next month. I am considering possibly relocating, so I am hoping to get a good feel for the area. Even though, I will be in Mt. Pleasant for just a few days, I would like to check out some of the apartment complexes. Does anyone have any suggestions? Some of the places I have looked at online, which are in my price range ($700-875 for a 1 bdrm) are Crickentree, Hibben's Ferry and Edgewater Plantation. If anyone has an opinion on any of these (good or bad), by all means, please let me know! Also, if anyone has any other rental suggestions, let me know. I'm a single woman in my early 30's. My priority is that the apt. is safe, quiet and accessible to downtown, since I will be applying to jobs there. Oh- clean and relatively modern would be nice, too. I'm a little scared by the reviews on apartment.com with titles such as "come sleep with the cochroaches!"

I've visited Charleston before, so I did get to visit some of the plantations, house museums and delicious restaurants. I will be revisiting Jestine's and Poogan's Porch, for sure. This Northern girl enjoys her shrimp and grits. Are there any restaurants or attractions specifically on Mt. P that are a "can't miss?"

Thanks

Last edited by nextaugust; 04-24-2011 at 04:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 01:00 PM

1,889 posts, read 5,430,197 times
17 North is very good but it is way up north (by me) off of HWY17 north.

Old 04-25-2011, 05:20 PM

3,145 posts, read 5,958,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachme View Post
17 North is very good but it is way up north (by me) off of HWY17 north.
It's 15 minutes from the bridge for goodness sake (with no/light traffic).

Old 04-25-2011, 06:18 PM

1,889 posts, read 5,430,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cape_fisherman View Post
It's 15 minutes from the bridge for goodness sake (with no/light traffic).
Lol! I was being sarcastic! I love living in Park West.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area