U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 10:08 AM

5,473 posts, read 13,654,183 times

Advertisements

If you are ever in the Upstate, you might try Spot Coffee in Anderson. They sell pirogies along with other European bakery foods. I am sure this isn't the only place to find them, but it is one that almost immediately came to mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 01:21 PM

6,643 posts, read 14,166,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Abney View Post
Mt. Pleasant has a generous supply of Russian ex-pats. This city is across the Ashley River from Charleston. It is more urban and more urbane than the pot-holed city of Charleston. A marvelous bridge connects the two cities. Dos bedoni!
More urban than Charleston? Please look up the word, "urban" because Mt. Pleasant is the definition of suburban with strip malls and non-walkable streets.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:18 AM

139 posts, read 116,929 times
In the short term, you will see a remarkable transformation in Mount Pleasant. Most people think THE bridge goes toward Charleston. That notion will change very soon.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:17 AM

2,525 posts, read 7,189,473 times
Quote:
Most people think the bridge goes -toward- Charleston. That notion will change very soon.
(emphasis added)

That's a great quote.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:36 AM

1 posts, read 3,549 times
I will be moving to charleston in November. My wife is russian and I speak the language fluently---how can we meet some Russians there? We will probably live in Summerville.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:39 PM

1,889 posts, read 4,830,728 times
My husband's Real Estate partner is married to a Russian lady( she is a hair stylist in Mt P). They live in Mount Pleasant and know many other Russians. I'd be happy to get you in touch with them if you move to the area...Just DM me and I'll get you in touch.

Old 11-08-2008, 03:05 PM

2 posts, read 5,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speyul View Post
I will be moving to charleston in November. My wife is russian and I speak the language fluently---how can we meet some Russians there? We will probably live in Summerville.
WE are Russian family live in Mt. Pleasant. We just recently moved to SC from Michigan. If you would like to get in touch, DM us, please.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:34 PM

1 posts, read 3,311 times
Smile cool

I have been to Anderson. We have friends several miles from there. Next time I will defenetly go to Spot Coffee.

Thanks,

Natasha

Old 06-25-2009, 09:18 AM

1 posts, read 3,253 times
You are all welcome to join Russian Charleston on facebook...a community of Russians in Charleston, their spouses, students of the russian language...etc. We will organize socials and get togethers as well as list the resources in the area available to the growing Russian Community in Charleston. A website will be soon to follow also.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:24 AM

44 posts, read 148,285 times
Default Help Translating Russian Passport

Hello!
My great grandfather came over from Russia through Ellis Island and we have his passport but we do not know anyone who speaks/reads Russian to help us in the translation. We are most curious to know if our name was changed at all and where exactly he came from in Russia. If anyone can help, please let me know! I and my family would be greatful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or