U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 02:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,611 times

Advertisements

I from ga and i met this russian lady in charleston s.c. And lost her phone number. And i cant fine where she is now.her name is irina.she has been in s.c. For about two yrs now.she did live with her daughter that married and american man.i would love to talk to her again.if about can help i would thanks you. Ybgood
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 08:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,545 times
Hi,
I'm native Russian and live in Charleston,SC for 19 years.Would love to make new Russian friends.My e mail is [email]itgfyforever@yahoo.com[/email] .Please keep in touch.....
Vsego horoshego......

Old 01-01-2013, 02:00 PM

7,934 posts, read 15,100,447 times
I think we have a Russian Orthodox Church in Summerville.

Old 01-13-2013, 06:52 PM

230 posts, read 326,370 times
Talking Zdravstvujte Vse!

Dobryj Vecher!

Hi All!

I have to thank some of you folks for reviving this seemingly rather old thread. Hope all of you who posted here are doing well . Happy New Year! And BTW, Happy New (Old) Year, which is tonight....many Russians will understand what I mean .

My family (wife and two kids) are looking to get out of NY / NJ area....the sooner. We've living in Brooklyn for about 20 years, and t6hen moved to Northern NJ (Bergen County). We've been looking at our options for moving, and so far they are Texas (DFW area), Indianapolis, IN, and South Carolina (possibly Charleston area). We'll be visiting some time in the late Winter/early Spring Charleston. At some point we'll be narrowing our search. But our concers are jobs and good schools. My wife is in accounting and computer promming field (programming is really a distant past at this point). She stayed home w/ our 2nd born daughter, but now is having major problem to re-enter worforce. She did work at home, but it wasn't a corporate full-time empoyment and thus lots of problems landing professional job in accounting field again. I hope if decide on Charleston she'll b able to land an acceptable job there. But how are the schools in Summerville and/or Mount Pleasent areas? Any info is greately appreciated.

Billy.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:28 PM

743 posts, read 1,693,196 times
Hi Billy,

Was in the same boat, lived in Brooklyn......... around the corner actually from Rasputin !
Lived in Bergen Cty, NJ as well for a bit

Moved here almost 2 years ago.

Here is some info if it might help with some answers.

Enjoy

Michael

http://www.city-data.com/forum/charl...ving-south.htm

Old 01-13-2013, 07:56 PM

230 posts, read 326,370 times
Default Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelNYC View Post
Hi Billy,

Was in the same boat, lived in Brooklyn......... around the corner actually from Rasputin !
Lived in Bergen Cty, NJ as well for a bit

Moved here almost 2 years ago.

Here is some info if it might help with some answers.

Enjoy

Michael

http://www.city-data.com/forum/charl...ving-south.htm
Hi Mike! Thank You very much! Just clicked on this link above. This will definitely be a wealth of info for us! Glad you made it Charleston, friend. I've used "search" function on this site, but quite frankly, there is just way too many generic or totally irrelivant to my topic threads come up. Thank You again. If you don't mind I'll send you DM/PM at some point after meaningful research.

Have a good one

Old 01-14-2013, 06:55 PM

743 posts, read 1,693,196 times
Billy, you are very welcome.

A comment please, well request ok.. ok...
Instead of a DM/PM to me... send me a note in/from my posting.
It would revive the posting and I know would have meaning to many other potential movers here from NYC... meaning your questions and my replies etc

I get too many DM's and usually sorry do not respond back... hey busy busy busy

(where did you live in Crooklyn... where are you now in NJ... just curious)

Old 10-20-2013, 08:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,115 times
Default Looking to make new friends

Hi all!
We are a young Russian couple with a newborn, looking to make friends (Russian or not) in the Charleston area.
We recently moved from Montreal, Canada and are living in Mount Pleasant. We are pretty quiet, but fairly energetic when it comes to running, biking and traveling! Please have a look at our pictures (picasaweb.google.com/tdposts), we hope it will give you some impression about who we are.
Please DM us if you think you'd like to meet.
Thanks!

Old 10-20-2013, 08:52 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,820,006 times
I understand there is a Russian community that lives West Ashley in the vicinty of Wappoo Road and Juniper Street.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:36 PM

1 posts, read 808 times
Hello) I am from Ukraine. Next year we are moving to charlston. Hope to find russian speaking friends!!!! Email nataliemikota@gmail.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or