U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 12:01 PM

1,541 posts, read 2,253,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogrsp61 View Post
EDITED
NVM .. looks like Yac is cleaning the thread out already.
If you're taling about my post I deleted that myself. I decided that all the misinformation and nonsense in this thread was just to exhausting to even bother with anymore. It was a looonnnnggggg one that I deleted, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2013, 12:05 PM

1,075 posts, read 1,775,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanneself View Post
If you're taling about my post I deleted that myself. I decided that all the misinformation and nonsense in this thread was just to exhausting to even bother with anymore. It was a looonnnnggggg one that I deleted, too.
I thought it was pretty well written .. you should have left it.

It was like the discussions I always end up in about North Charleston and similar blanket statements.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:10 PM

1,541 posts, read 2,253,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogrsp61 View Post
I thought it was pretty well written .. you should have left it.

It was like the discussions I always end up in about North Charleston and similar blanket statements.
Thanks.

If I had the self control to post it and then walk away I would have left it, but I always seem to get dragged back in. I'm still waiting to be released back to work (BORED!!!) so I'm already spending WAY too much time in here.

This city-data addict is pushing away from the table.

soon...

Old 02-11-2013, 12:12 PM

1,075 posts, read 1,775,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanneself View Post
Thanks.

If I had the self control to post it and then walk away I would have left it, but I always seem to get dragged back in. I'm still waiting to be released back to work (BORED!!!) so I'm already spending WAY too much time in here.

This city-data addict is pushing away from the table.

soon...
ROFL ... same here ... rained out of work so I'm here TRYING to get away ...

... trying

Old 03-21-2018, 08:16 PM

1 posts, read 363 times
Hi everyone,

I will be moving to SC from PA but still undecided to choose between Columbia SC , North Charleston SC, or Lexington SC
school is N/A to me, but safety is very important and affordable homes just want to get away from PA it's
too expensive. My job is allowed me to work at home just about anywhere so not a problem.

Old 03-22-2018, 12:49 PM

10 posts, read 4,770 times
Hi Donn4tela,

The Charleston area, like any other, has its ups and downs as far as area, schools, etc... My advice is that you visit the area and tour schools. There are some wonderful options here. I love this city. But you really need to visit and get a feel for it and see first hand if Charleston is the place for you. Charleston is culturally diverse and rich in arts and history. It is a unique city. However, the traffic is not always fun. But, for anyone considering a relocation, I always advise a visit to each city you are interested in. Doing research never backfires. Wishing you the best...

Old 03-22-2018, 02:26 PM

1,918 posts, read 2,455,220 times
Start a new thread, donn4tela, to get the most responses.
This thead has "schools" in the title, and you're N/A on that you say.

Old 03-25-2018, 01:18 PM

7,909 posts, read 3,151,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donn4tela View Post
Hi everyone,

I will be moving to SC from PA but still undecided to choose between Columbia SC , North Charleston SC, or Lexington SC
school is N/A to me, but safety is very important and affordable homes just want to get away from PA it's
too expensive. My job is allowed me to work at home just about anywhere so not a problem.
If you can work anywhere, why specifically North Charleston?

Old 03-25-2018, 06:08 PM

3,153 posts, read 2,913,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donn4tela View Post
Hi everyone,

I think you'd find a lot more going on in Charleston vs Columbia or Lexington. If proximity to the beaches are of any value, it would be a no brainer. That said, Charleston is going to be the most expensive of the three. Are you looking to rent or buy and what kind of budget are you working with? North Charleston wouldn't be my first choice unless budget demands it.

Where in PA? I grew up outside Philly and have had a number of PA clients recently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area