Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 02:37 PM

180 posts, read 406,512 times

Advertisements

Looking for info about The Ponds as a place to live, especially for the senior crowd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 06:24 AM

662 posts, read 1,411,119 times
They are going to be building a 50+ section soon!

Old 05-24-2011, 09:56 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
When we began looking in the Charleston area almost 4 years ago, we went out to the Ponds and fell in love. The economic/housing crash slowed things down but I think it is such a lovely development. The only issue for me is location......it is so far from everything.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:12 PM

Default Distances from The Ponds

Good point about the location of The Ponds. Yet, it is only 8.6 miles/20 min. to Panera Bread on Main St. near shopping. Panera is 23.6 miles/29 min. from the Mills House at Meeting & Queen in Charleston. A total time from the Ponds to the Mills House of 49 min. Del Webb Charleston is about the same from Cane Bay. Yet, where would you suggest living?

Old 05-24-2011, 12:13 PM

True, but there are variables yet to be decided plus they have no timeframe.

Old 05-24-2011, 03:56 PM

The distance to Main isn't the issue -- it's the time to get there. It's a long & windy road...oh wait -- those are song lyrics. There is no easy way to get to anything from The Ponds...you just have to have patience as you meander the roads.

I don't have any suggestions in Summerville or further out. Once I drank the kool-aid, we stopped looking at anything that was 15 minutes away from a beach.....

Old 05-24-2011, 07:23 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,329,068 times
Solution, don't drink the Kool-Aid......

Old 05-25-2011, 03:44 PM

No there is no turning back -- or should I say -- no moving further away from the beach.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:34 PM

23 posts, read 55,138 times
I will share with you what I shared with another member. I live in The Ponds in Summerville. I like the community very much, as well as the people that live there. It truly is a beautiful place to live! As another person mentioned, there are two 55-plus housing sections proposed. I do not know the current status of those. We were told D.R. Horton might be doing one section and a company out of FL called the Kolter Group might be doing the other. One thing I would suggest is that you very thoroughly read the covenants, design guidelines and community rules. Then, I would further suggest you stop at a few of the homes on a Saturday and ask residents their opinion on the adherence to those rules. You should be aware if you ever had to move, that even though the developer may put "for sale" signs on their properties, homeowners are not allowed to place any signage on their lots or use the free brochure box provided by REALTORS. Homeowners must purchase a uniform brochure box, which I believe costs $45. One last thing of which you should be aware is that the amenities are not all private as signage and agents might lead one to believe. The recent owner forum meeting minutes stated that some of the amenities are now semi-public. If after that, you are still comfortable with purchasing here, we welcome you...in fact, I would make you quite a deal on my house...well under what it would cost new! Such a shame that what was supposed to be a dream for us has turned into something that leaves a bad taste in our mouth. I really wish things could get straightened out here because the neighbors are wonderful! But, since much of what we were lead to believe was the future of the community has changed, we are not confident that will happen.

Old 05-19-2012, 07:54 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,447,490 times
Unfortunately, that's what I've heard recently from other people about The Ponds......
(Quite an eye opener since standingforethics LIVES there.........)

.....since much of what we were lead to believe was the future of the community has changed, we are not confident that will happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area