Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 09:25 AM

2,223 posts, read 4,980,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
As for southern hospitality - when we were in Summerville I met more transplants than locals -- so any southern flavor comes from Ohio, Pennsylvannia, New York.....go figure.
The Tri-State is well represented here in the Ville'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 09:49 AM

45,680 posts, read 23,807,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrplr View Post
The Tri-State is well represented here in the Ville'
Yes it is -- nothing wrong with that - good folks.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:40 AM

65 posts, read 173,484 times
We are coming down in a few weeks to explore. I am looking forward to having some seafood while we are there!

Old 06-25-2011, 04:12 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,622,989 times
Where are you from moneill?

You have never met me,,so how can you call me a snob?

I was born and raised here,,,,,and I tell it like it is!

I have friends that are from N.Chas that now live in MtP and dont like a lot of the people that are from there.
Just so your not confused,,the southern charm is from the south,,NOT from up north

And another thing,,,You can knock it off with the name calling..........

Last edited by Capt Rick Hiott; 06-25-2011 at 04:26 PM..

Old 06-25-2011, 04:49 PM

547 posts, read 1,191,765 times
Capt, you are the one on this board who clearly has some sort of issue with people that live East of the Cooper. Its honestly getting very old.... So because you have a friend that once lived in N Chas and now lives in Mt P and doesnt like it you now base all your opinions off what they've told you? Maybe its your friend that is the problem.....? I personally have not encountered much attitude from anyone here, whether it be SV or Mt P. But then again I've yet to meet you..........

Old 06-25-2011, 05:25 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,622,989 times
The only thing thats getting old is when some of the people on this site that say its "So great" in MtP.

Like I have said before, I have worked over there more than once, My wife and parents are from there, and I know a lot of people that are from there.
I base my statements on facts,,,not hear say, and Im not here to argue or hide behind a computer screen.

You dont hear me complain when somebody makes a negative statement about North Charleston,,,,

I know its not the best place in the state to live,,,but Im NOT gonna sugar coat it and tell you it is, like some of the people on here when they comment about MtP.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:39 PM

547 posts, read 1,191,765 times
ALL areas in and around Charleston have there positives and negatives. Sound like maybe you've run into a few Ion soccer moms driving big 100k suv's that think they own the place... do we have some of that? absolutely.... I personally think Charleston, SV, Mt P, Goose Creek, WA, are all great places to live. Every area has its ups and downs. We take the the good with the bad anywhere we choose to live

Old 06-25-2011, 05:45 PM

4,281 posts, read 12,615,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belle78 View Post
We are coming down in a few weeks to explore. I am looking forward to having some seafood while we are there!
If you are from the east coast you might find the seafood here is very, very overated. Their tendencies are to coat it in a thick batter and overly deep fry it....ugh.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:50 PM

1,541 posts, read 2,666,781 times
I can only speak for myself, but it doesn't upset me when someone asks about Mount Pleasant and posters share their negative opinions. That's kind of the point of the board, right? What is annoying are the single line bombs that get dropped that have little to do with the actual topic being discussed, other than to express distain for the city. To me, those seem to have less to do with telling it how it is, and more about reverse snobbery.
I wish I had the time or inclination to round up a few as examples, but I'm sure most of the people here reading the boards have seen them. They aren't constructive at all, and unless I'm missing it they are only ever directed at Mount Pleasant.

Last edited by roxanneself; 06-25-2011 at 06:05 PM..

Old 06-25-2011, 05:57 PM

4,281 posts, read 12,615,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesposito View Post
Capt, you are the one on this board who clearly has some sort of issue with people that live East of the Cooper. Its honestly getting very old.... So because you have a friend that once lived in N Chas and now lives in Mt P and doesnt like it you now base all your opinions off what they've told you? Maybe its your friend that is the problem.....? I personally have not encountered much attitude from anyone here, whether it be SV or Mt P. But then again I've yet to meet you..........
Some "know" all about a place as they simply passed thru there once, had a friend/relative that lived there, had a black friend once, has been to Chicago once so knows all about the Midwest, is a janitor at Ford Motor Company that knows what Ford needs to do, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area