U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 12-03-2011, 09:33 AM

1,682 posts, read 1,153,118 times
Default Christmas Parade of Boats

This is my first time to see the Christmas Parade of Boats. Where is the best place in Mount Pleasant to watch it from? Can you see if from waterfront park? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 12-04-2011, 03:32 AM

1,660 posts, read 1,390,244 times
Im not sure about MtP,,,,But you might wanna check into the Charleston Maritime Center on Wharf side drive.

10 wharf side drive Charleston,SC - Google Maps

Unread 12-04-2011, 12:08 PM

I ended up going to Patriot's Point. You could see the boats, but not that great. They passed by the big ship towards the bridge. We didn't stay for the whole parade because it was disappointing to not be able to see the boats that great. The Christmas tree boat was really cool! Next year we will go downtown to watch.

Unread 12-04-2011, 12:14 PM

7,925 posts, read 8,268,069 times
Or get your own boat and anchor along the route...

Unread 12-04-2011, 01:58 PM

314 posts, read 1,723,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINIcoopKJG View Post
I ended up going to Patriot's Point. You could see the boats, but not that great. They passed by the big ship towards the bridge. We didn't stay for the whole parade because it was disappointing to not be able to see the boats that great. The Christmas tree boat was really cool! Next year we will go downtown to watch.
We watched it from the Battery. Our favorite boat was the angler fish boat. Also the kayaks were pretty cool. Did they have fireworks this year? We didn't see any from where we sat.

Unread 12-04-2011, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquajox View Post
We watched it from the Battery. Our favorite boat was the angler fish boat. Also the kayaks were pretty cool. Did they have fireworks this year? We didn't see any from where we sat.
I overheard someone at Patriot's Point say that the fireworks were at 6:45 pm. We didn't stay, so I don't know if there were any. Were there a lot of people at the Battery?

Unread 12-05-2011, 06:10 PM

314 posts, read 1,723,954 times
There was a lot of people on the battery, but it wasn't crowded. We got there around 5 o'clock, parked along the water, and set up camp right next to our truck. The kids and wife kept warm in the truck while we waited for the parade to arrive.

Unread 12-08-2011, 03:59 AM

35 posts, read 43,426 times
We went this past year to the Battery for our first trip. I have to say we were a little disappointed. The only boats that made the turn at the battery and went past us were the kayaks and just 2 or 3 of the bigger boats. It was almost like we were past the end. It took such a long time to even get to see the kayaks and there were no fireworks. By the time the kayaks came, it was pretty late and we had been out there for about 2 hours and our 2 year-old was DONE. If you are going to go, I would say go somewhere closer in (maybe the waterfront park) and if you go early and have young ones, there's really not much else to do so just be prepared to hang out a while and keep them entertained. We considered going back this year, but after last year our motivation is a little fizzled. Maybe it was just an "off" year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area