U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 07:30 PM

8 posts, read 4,097 times
Default Short-term Rental Needed

Relocating to Charleston area on February 1st for new job and need an apt/condo rental until family joins me in July. Mt. Pleasant area preferred. Will be working on Daniel Island. Suggestions? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 09:31 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,438,986 times
You could always stay at an extended stay hotel. I did that for a month when I first came here. It wasn't too bad and was cheaper than paying rent and utilities. When you stay long term, the rates are significantly lower than if you were staying for a week.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:36 AM

910 posts, read 756,496 times
We went through this same situation/search when we relocated here a year ago. Unfortunately, you will be hard pressed to find a rental for a term shorter than 6 months. You can find the occasional rental with a 3-month lease, but you will pay a HUGE premium for the shorter term. Actually, if you're moving here on Feb. 1st and the family moves here in July, a 6-month lease would be about right. We got a 6-month lease when we moved here, but only actually lived in the rental for 4 months because we sold our house out-of-state and bought a home here.

Old 12-17-2011, 01:56 PM

8 posts, read 4,097 times
You're right. A 6-month lease will probably work. How do you like Summerville? Will need to identify an area and find a home to purchase before the family arrives. Thanks!

Old 12-20-2011, 06:28 PM

682 posts, read 880,072 times
Nonsense...we had a 3 month short term, fully furnished rental (with attached garage) here last fall: The Islands Apartments/.
We worked thru a corporate relocation company, they handled everything.
Not Mt Pleasant, but not the traffic headache either. We could commute to downtown in 10 minutes.

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 12-20-2011, 06:50 PM

682 posts, read 880,072 times
sb4wvu...sent you a private message with a corporate relocation contact.

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 12-22-2011, 02:31 PM

8,253 posts, read 7,830,126 times
I hope it's okay to add my post here, rather than starting an entirely new thread. I was also looking online for a short-term rental in a safe area near Charleston. I've noticed some very small 1 bedroom condos on Isle of Palms. They're not cheap, but for a turnkey rental overlooking the beach, the winter rates aren't unreasonable.

Can anyone tell me if this is a safe, quiet area? Looking at a map, it's near Mount Pleasant, but I am unfamiliar with the Charleston area.

Gemstone, please feel free to send me a PM if the properties to which you are referring are in my price range. Thanks.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:48 AM

611 posts, read 625,697 times
If anyone would like information on a furnished 2 br, 2 bath home in Summerville that is available for any lease term, you can send me a direct message.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:49 PM

910 posts, read 756,496 times
@ sb4wvu...We love Summerville. If I can be of any assistance with anything, just PM me. We've been here now a little over a year, and are willing to help other "newbies"!!

Old 12-23-2011, 05:02 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,577,725 times
Isle of Palm is a very safe area. Most of Mount Pleasant is very safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area