U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 01-18-2012, 01:00 PM
 
315 posts, read 308,904 times
Reputation: 143
Default MT PLEASANT jails woman for 6 days for "messy yard"; Other Mt P horrors:

Ok, we all saw the threat where Mount Plastic, er, Pleasant jailed a woman, for 6 days, because she couldn't affort to finish her roof and was collecting metal to scrap to make ends meet. AFter all, it's Mount Pleasant. How DARE she NOT be rich, right? But enough of that story, we already saw it and read it. What OTHER hidden little horrors are there in Mount Plastic that you may want to avoid?? Well, a few....

- The WORST traffic in South Carolina. By far. Currently, we live in a sea of orange cones and a road surface that resembles Baghdad's bombed roads rather than an American one. If you value your car's suspension, dont drive here. And no end in sight, bumber to bumber, 1 hour to go 10 miles. Enjoy.

- The most arrogant, stuck up people you'll meet anywhere in the state. Again, how dare someone not be rich. If you aren't rich, you better damn well act like you are. Get a credit card and fake it for Gods sake, at least til you get rich like "us".

- Crime rate that is growing, yet, hidden from the public and a mayor and city council who are in denial about it. Whether it's rampant drug abuse (pills), suicides, robberies, THEFT THEFT THEFT all the time...whatever, Mt P's crime rate is soaring. But...we'll deny it.

- TYRANNICAL HOA laws and of course, code enforcement. THey even have a law that says you have 2 minutes to pick up your dogs poop....or you go to jail. "Clean Lot" law means...whatever your stuck up rich neighbor determines is clean by his standards. No joke. Woman went to prison for 6 days because of it.

You have to search long and hard to find a city that is more fake, more pretentious, more arrogant, and more in denial about it's own place in the world than Mount Pleasant. There are some great people living here, but as a whole, the attitude of this place reminds me of the Stepford Wives. Norman Rockwell meets Eastern Europe overbearing government, with a big dose of suburban sprawl, traffic congestion, and a hidden crime problem.

Dont be fooled folks. Mt P sucks. One my lease is up, I'll be moving somewhere else in the Charleston area, where the people are a bit more modest, the roads a bit more safe, and a city that has a realistic view of itself.

BTW, a city of about 70,000 people, with ONE high school. ONE. Why? Because the folks of Mt P dont want 2 schools where one will be seen as better or worse than the other. We're Mt P, we're better than you and we know it, and we wont have 2 schools to start wondering if we're really better than our neighbor or not...we have jails to prove that.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-18-2012, 01:20 PM
 
Location: N.Charleston,SC
1,678 posts, read 1,606,505 times
Reputation: 383
Tell it like it is SeaBass! Good Post!


Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2012, 01:26 PM
 
315 posts, read 308,904 times
Reputation: 143
Thanks. This just bothers the **** out of me. "Messy yard"?? JAIL time????? I just cant believe, in the USA, someone went to JAIL, with murderers and rapists, for a week because she couldn't afford to clean her yard. I saw the photos in the paper. It was NOT a mess. Some shingles on the unfinished roof, thats all. How dare she not be rich like her Mt P neighbors right?

Sometime we are gonna have to be realistic and set a line on what we'll send armed cops to do and not do. I bet they hated doing it. Whats next? Jail for having an ugly car? For painting your home an ugly color?

Neighbors need to mind their own fu**ing business. Their precious property values? Screw 'em. The economy tanked. Mount Plastic's bubble of superiority has burst. Welcome to the real world Mt P, some people are NOT rich, and many of them live in Mt P!! GASP!!! I know, can you believe it? Guess what else? I'm gonna shock the conscience of many Mt P residents with this: There are even trailor parks and black people in Mt P. NO seriously, there really are.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2012, 01:34 PM
 
168 posts, read 160,430 times
Reputation: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabass08 View Post
Thanks. This just bothers the **** out of me. "Messy yard"?? JAIL time????? I just cant believe, in the USA, someone went to JAIL, with murderers and rapists, for a week because she couldn't afford to clean her yard. I saw the photos in the paper. It was NOT a mess. Some shingles on the unfinished roof, thats all. How dare she not be rich like her Mt P neighbors right?

Sometime we are gonna have to be realistic and set a line on what we'll send armed cops to do and not do. I bet they hated doing it. Whats next? Jail for having an ugly car? For painting your home an ugly color?

Neighbors need to mind their own fu**ing business. Their precious property values? Screw 'em. The economy tanked. Mount Plastic's bubble of superiority has burst. Welcome to the real world Mt P, some people are NOT rich, and many of them live in Mt P!! GASP!!! I know, can you believe it? Guess what else? I'm gonna shock the conscience of many Mt P residents with this: There are even trailor parks and black people in Mt P. NO seriously, there really are.
I'm glad that neither you, nor the woman who is the topic of this thread question, live next door to me. From my persepective, you both epitomize the worst types of neighbor. One is a slob and the other is an overly talkative loudmouth who has an opinion on everything and insists upon sharing it whether or not anyone cares to listen.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2012, 01:43 PM
 
315 posts, read 308,904 times
Reputation: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperman1111 View Post
I'm glad that neither you, nor the woman who is the topic of this thread question, live next door to me. From my persepective, you both epitomize the worst types of neighbor. One is a slob and the other is an overly talkative loudmouth who has an opinion on everything and insists upon sharing it whether or not anyone cares to listen.

Did you see the photo of her "messy yard"? I did. It wasn't messy. It had an unfinished roof. She is BROKE. The economy crashed. Times are hard. But the neighbors intolerance of people on hard times got her thrown in jail.

And that sums up arrogant ass Mount Plastic. They do not tolerate anyone who is on hard times.

I am not the type of neighbor who would call armed men, cops, to "do something about" a woman who is trying to get by in hard times. YOU would, I'm sure, because you're a person who is more obsessed with your precious property value than your neighbor's hard times.

I'm sure the neighbors WOULD have helped her pay for that roof. BUT.....they couldnt.

See, some women in Mt P must have "fish face" plastic surgery. That cost money. And Little Dillon can't be seen at Wando High wearing Old Navy clothes, they had to go to King Street and be sure all the other kids knew there kid was better than them. And OF COURSE how could they drive anything other than an SUV or Mercedez that is a 2010 or newer.

I mean, Mt P folks are all for charity....so long as it doesn't come out of their pocket.

You're right. I wouldn't like you as my neighbor either. I dont believe in sending our cops, with guns, to JAIL a woman who can't afford to finish her roof. Mount Russia.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2012, 01:59 PM
 
Location: Summerville
7,934 posts, read 9,166,396 times
Reputation: 1256
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperman1111 View Post
I'm glad that neither you, nor the woman who is the topic of this thread question, live next door to me. From my persepective, you both epitomize the worst types of neighbor. One is a slob and the other is an overly talkative loudmouth who has an opinion on everything and insists upon sharing it whether or not anyone cares to listen.

You mean like you just did right here....

You could very easily have read the title to this thread and know what is was about and skipped right over it, but no you had to come in and comment seems you are no different than the person you seek to ridicule........
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2012, 02:12 PM
 
315 posts, read 308,904 times
Reputation: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
You mean like you just did right here....

You could very easily have read the title to this thread and know what is was about and skipped right over it, but no you had to come in and comment seems you are no different than the person you seek to ridicule........
He's probably one of the neighbors who just couldn't mind their own fu**ing business. He's one of the spineless people with no soul that would joyfully recommend jail time to someone for offending the aesthetics of his neighborhood.

This isn't what the cops are for people. Handle beautification problems within your own community. And if the neighbor wont comply, then GET THE F**K OVER IT. Life aint' perfect. Your neighbor MIGHT fall on hard times and not have money to beautify her home at some point. Yes, even in Mt Plastic.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2012, 02:18 PM
 
Location: Mount Pleasant, SC
1,541 posts, read 1,150,459 times
Reputation: 361
A few days ago I was picking my kids up from school when I overheard a boy making fun of the cheerleaders and jocks as they walked by. It was one of those situations where the boy was clearly longing to be part of that crowd, but instead of trying to get to know those kids that he was so jealous of he mocked them instead. His motivations were crystal clear to everyone around him EXCEPT for him, and it was really very sad. I felt really sorry for this poor kid who was so unhappy; he just didn't know that his own bitterness was making him an outsider.

Sorry, off topic rambling. No idea why I just remembered that.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2012, 02:28 PM
 
315 posts, read 308,904 times
Reputation: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanneself View Post
A few days ago I was picking my kids up from school when I overheard a boy making fun of the cheerleaders and jocks as they walked by. It was one of those situations where the boy was clearly longing to be part of that crowd, but instead of trying to get to know those kids that he was so jealous of he mocked them instead. His motivations were crystal clear to everyone around him EXCEPT for him, and it was really very sad. I felt really sorry for this poor kid who was so unhappy; he just didn't know that his own bitterness was making him an outsider.

Sorry, off topic rambling. No idea why I just remembered that.

Oh HOW CLEVER. Yeah, you nailed it. I'm so longing to be accepted by Mt P, but they wont, so I make fun of them.

Except, that kid was never a jock or cheerleader. I have been a Mt P resident for 4 years, and am "part of the crowd". And I must say, this crowd has disgusted me for the last 3 years of my stay. You people are so obsessed with image and money. I've never seen the rate of embarrassing plastic surgery gone wrong as I do here. Or the obsession with being sure one drives the right car, wears the right clothes. But not just that, actually resorting to calling cops if your peers dont also meet the same elite standards that one has for themselves. I could go on and on and on about the **** I've seen in this town. But I wont, because it'll get off topic.

On topic is that Mount Pleasant JAILED one of it's own residents because she was broke and couldn't make ends meet, resulting in her home being less than "Mount Perfects" standards. And her loving, caring, tolerant, generous neighbors............demanded that the cops throw her in jail.

**** Mount Pleasant. You people deserve to live next to each other in a miserable existence of trying to "out rich" each other. I'm off to live with people who are happy with reality.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2012, 02:31 PM
 
315 posts, read 308,904 times
Reputation: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanneself View Post
A few days ago I was picking my kids up from school when I overheard a boy making fun of the cheerleaders and jocks as they walked by. It was one of those situations where the boy was clearly longing to be part of that crowd, but instead of trying to get to know those kids that he was so jealous of he mocked them instead. His motivations were crystal clear to everyone around him EXCEPT for him, and it was really very sad. I felt really sorry for this poor kid who was so unhappy; he just didn't know that his own bitterness was making him an outsider.

Sorry, off topic rambling. No idea why I just remembered that.

"Meanwhile, across on the other side of school, a big group of girls in a club were admiring each others latest high end clothes and cars and perfect hairdos. But one girl...lets call her Jane, she didn't have a rich family. She didn't wear the "right" clothes or drive a new car. The other girls demanded she get up to standard. But she couldn't. She just didn't have the money. So....the girls called the schools on duty police officer, and said to make the girl find the money to get up to speed, or throw her ass in jail and out of their club."


Yeah. Thats SO much better
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top