Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2012, 11:36 AM

20 posts, read 51,071 times

Advertisements

Greetings South Carolinans!
My name is Cody, lately I've been thinking a bunch about the future and where I'd like to relocate to once I graduate. I currently live in Souheastern Michigan. For those of you that don't know, Michigan isnt the best state to live in right now lol Long winters, poor economy, The Detroit Pistons, my home state could step it up.

I'm really into the South Carolina coast, and also into South Florida. Lets say my girlfriend and I do end up getting married, she is studying to be a Science Teacher, which area would be better for her? Demand for teachers, salary, quality of schools, ect.
I'm studying to be a Physical Therapist Assistant, from what I understand, any state that has a aging population and a stable medicare system, I'll have a job too lol

So I'm asking all of you! When it comes to living a high quality of life, safe towns, strong economy for teaching and physical therapy, Catholic Churches nearby, close to beaches, great communities!! lol

Thanks everybody!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 07:57 PM

68 posts, read 174,497 times
Just saw your post....live in Summerville right now. Although the area is beautiful here the schools have had their budgets slashed to the bone. I've worked in the schools as a speech therapist. I think I would look at South Florida for better opportunities for both of you. As you know you'll be in demand with a pt degree but a lot of the opportunities here in SC are out in the rural areas instead of in the Charleston area. South Carolina's population can not compete with Florida. Go south!!

Old 02-11-2012, 01:12 PM

547 posts, read 1,196,207 times
S Florida is a dump in my opinion. I lived there for 20 years and would NEVER go back. I think long term Charleston is a better bet as its a far more desirable place to live. That's not just my opinion either. People are fleeing S Florida yet Charleston is on the upswing again for growth. I'm biased as you can see but I'd really consider spending a week in both locations before you pull the trigger. Wave at someone here as you're driving through a community and you'll get a smile and a wave back. Wave at someone in S FL and you'll get a snarl and middle finger.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area