Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 12:11 PM

315 posts, read 621,388 times

Advertisements

Sheriff in wild 25-mile chase | The Post and Courier - Charleston, South Carolina

And the bad crime continues it's decades long slow trickle into Mt Pleasant. Yesterday, the sheriff himself got into a "wild" 25 mile car chase through Mt P in rush hour traffic that ended with multiple cops having to shoot the car to end it. One innocent resident happend to be on a leisurely drive with her kids, and in her own words almost ended up being shot.

These type things, along with robbery and murder, were unheard of in the Mt P of old. Over the last decade, they have become little more than the story of the week.

It's not a typo. Thats Mount Pleasant, not North Charleston. Each city has a crime rate that is heading in opposite directions. Mt P's is rising, NC's is dropping. Housing is cheaper in NC, their economic potential and outlook is better.....choose wisely, dont choose on the false image Mt P is selling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 12:23 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,608,985 times
haha I knew as soon as I heard it on the radio I was going to see it on here. Either way kind of crazy 125 mph, and the cop fired 9 shots.

What had the guy done anyways.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:24 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,735,398 times

Old 01-31-2012, 12:27 PM

HAHA!!! Scuba Steve, I applaud you, that one made me laugh. She looks like the poor Hamlin Road area ladies who do the sweetgrass baskets watching as crazy people fly by on 17. I feel for those old families who lived north of 517 forever, the greedy developers are destroying their culture and family heritage just so Mt P can have more WalMarts and CVS pharmacies......culture be damned haha!!!

Old 01-31-2012, 12:30 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,268,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
haha I knew as soon as I heard it on the radio I was going to see it on here. Either way kind of crazy 125 mph, and the cop fired 9 shots.

What had the guy done anyways.
He cut off Sheriff Al Cannon, not just any sheriff, that is what he did, then he ran after THE sheriff put the Blue Lights on.....

Old 01-31-2012, 12:33 PM

I'm a 100% supporter of Sheriff Cannon. He, along with North Charleston Police Chief Zumalt, have seriously done a great job of cutting crime in Charleston County drastically from pre-2008 levels. In fact, the only 2 areas in the Lowcountry with a significant spike in crime is S'ville and Mt P. All other areas it has plummeted.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:57 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,608,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
He cut off Sheriff Al Cannon, not just any sheriff, that is what he did, then he ran after THE sheriff put the Blue Lights on.....
LOL I was laughing at the blue lights thing...

Old 01-31-2012, 08:44 PM

1,195 posts, read 3,460,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabass08 View Post
...the only 2 areas in the Lowcountry with a significant spike in crime is S'ville and Mt P. All other areas it has plummeted.
you have figured out why right? the housing bubble popped and housing prices dropped enough for the low life trouble makers to be able to afford to move into places in MtP and S'Ville that they couldn't afford to before... with them comes their crime... even thugs want a better place to live... lol

that idiot is lucky the sheriff decided to aim for his tires instead of his head

I'd imagine it'd take them quite awhile to figure out who he was once the sheriffs 1911A1 .45 blew his head off of his shoulders!

you won't get far in life pissing Sheriff Al Cannon Jr. Esq. off

Old 01-31-2012, 09:55 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,578,784 times
I have to admit that we had a good chuckle when we heard about this story. This would have never happened where we moved from, although they may have caught more criminals if they did! The police in SC don't seem to put up with anything from anyone, which I think can be good. They seem to catch more people than the police in the north do.

Seabass, when are you moving? I need to mark my calendar. What town will you be moving to? I'm sure there will be zero crime there.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:46 PM

45,680 posts, read 23,818,728 times
!@#$ happens everywhere......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area