Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2013, 08:27 AM

166 posts, read 189,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynn View Post
I want them in my backyard. Bring em on and a Zaxby's too please!
You'd think Mount Pleasant "snobs" would prefer them to be there so they don't have to lower themselves to go to North Charleston. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 08:40 AM

234 posts, read 382,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTesla35 View Post
Mount Pleasant won't stand for any big box stores in their backyard but they sure don't mind going to the big box stores in another area's backyard. LOL
Wouldn't this be true for any area? Why does this thought have to be reserved for your so-called "Mount Pleasant snobs"?

Old 06-19-2013, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasqo View Post
Wouldn't this be true for any area? Why does this thought have to be reserved for your so-called "Mount Pleasant snobs"?
believe it or not, most people in other areas are not fighting big box stores coming in to their area. that is kind of unique to places like Mt. Pleasant, or Boulder Colorado, etc.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:32 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,315,370 times
Quote:
believe it or not, most people in other areas are not fighting big box stores coming in to their area. that is kind of unique to places like Mt. Pleasant, or Boulder Colorado, etc.
Great point. People complain about places like Walmart when it's the people themselves that are supporting them.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:40 AM

234 posts, read 382,326 times
Quote:
Hmm, I guess I can't relate to this type of thinking. I don't know how true the above statement really is. I haven't met anyone who would want a giant retail establishment in extreme close proximity to their residence.

I understand the convenience angle. But a big box store in your backyard? I guess I'd rather my home/neighborhood be more of a sanctuary than a shopping center. I don't mind a walk/bike-ride/drive to get something.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasqo View Post
Hmm, I guess I can't relate to this type of thinking. I don't know how true the above statement really is. I haven't met anyone who would want a giant retail establishment in extreme close proximity to their residence.

I understand the convenience angle. But a big box store in your backyard? I guess I'd rather my home/neighborhood be more of a sanctuary than a shopping center. I don't mind a walk/bike-ride/drive to get something.
backyard is figure of speech for your general area. in this case, mount pleasant. you guys dont want this in mount pleasant, period.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:07 AM

3,256 posts, read 5,278,164 times
Quote:
backyard is figure of speech for your general area. in this case, mount pleasant. you guys dont want this in mount pleasant, period.
I live in MP. I want them. I'm probably not the only one.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynn View Post
I live in MP. I want them. I'm probably not the only one.
robynn, i'm talking in generalities. I think it's more the people who live out on the islands or the hoity toity n'hoods in MP and daniel island that don't want the big box stores there. But there are big box stores there now and they were attractively constructed so I don't see why these people are so opposed to a few more.

I always been surprised they didn't have a Best Buy over there. It would be kind of annoying being forced to drive to West Ashley or N. Charleston to go to a Best Buy, although I don't go there that much. Just seems like Mt. Pleasant is too big not to have a store like this nearby.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:18 AM

1,669 posts, read 2,242,437 times
Quote:
robynn, i'm talking in generalities.
That much is clear. In the short time you've been here, it's obvious that you like telling other people what they think based on generalizations. Another word for that is judgmental, and I'm sure it's not the first time you've been told that.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardspock View Post
That much is clear. In the short time you've been here, it's obvious that you like telling other people what they think based on generalizations. Another word for that is judgmental, and I'm sure it's not the first time you've been told that.
everybody is judgemental, it's not the bad thing you make it out to be. in fact you are judging me right now. LOL

How do people communicate without generalities , there is obviously exceptions to everything. It is not my fault if people assume that I mean EVERYBODY if all I mean is some people believe x, y or z.

who have i told what they think? Give me one example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area