Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 04:09 PM

1,075 posts, read 2,113,635 times

Advertisements

First off .. I stand by my previous statement ... if you are too stupid to not move when a police officer tells you to not move or not pull over when you see the emergency lights go on then you deserve what you get ...

.. but ..

If you watch the video you see what they are talking about ... the K-9 seems to be released for no reason and gets hold of the coughSuspectcough ...

My question is why isn't anyone wondering why the DEPUTY that's pulling him out of the truck is wailing away on him ... ROFLMAO

The guy is being pulled out and IMMEDIATELY covering himself in a defensive posture as the deputy wails away on him .... and people are worried about the dog ... lol.

I love the sense of priorities .. LOL.

FINALLY found the video .. http://www.postandcourier.com/videos/2012/feb/02/2166/ (broken link)

Last edited by bulldogrsp61; 02-03-2012 at 04:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 04:42 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,518,581 times
Link?

Old 02-03-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Link?

Found it .. updated OP

http://www.postandcourier.com/videos/2012/feb/02/2166/ (broken link)

Old 02-03-2012, 09:07 PM

3,145 posts, read 5,959,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogrsp61 View Post
First off .. I stand by my previous statement ... if you are too stupid to not move when a police officer tells you to not move or not pull over when you see the emergency lights go on then you deserve what you get ...
I fully agree that if the lights go on, you need to pull over. I also agree that if an officer expresses to you reasonable doubt for an issue, that you should comply.

I do, however, draw the line with "you deserve what you get".

If you run when the lights go on...or if you don't comply when reasonable doubt is presented...you deserve to be detained/arrested.

In the grand scheme, we agree.

Old 02-04-2012, 05:14 AM

870 posts, read 1,678,830 times
Wasn't that a bit harsh? I mean beating the hell out of the guy? I am sure there are many charges they will give that guy for not pulling over..deservingly so, but to get the hell beat out of him, and then sic the attack dog on him? That is just wrong..let the courts handle his punishment.

Old 02-04-2012, 05:21 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogrsp61 View Post

.. but ..

If you watch the video you see what they are talking about ... the K-9 seems to be released for no reason and gets hold of the coughSuspectcough ...

My question is why isn't anyone wondering why the DEPUTY that's pulling him out of the truck is wailing away on him ... ROFLMAO

The guy is being pulled out and IMMEDIATELY covering himself in a defensive posture as the deputy wails away on him .... and people are worried about the dog ... lol.

I love the sense of priorities .. LOL.

FINALLY found the video .. High Speed Chase Dashcam | The Post and Courier, Charleston SC - News, Sports, Entertainment (http://www.postandcourier.com/videos/2012/feb/02/2166/ - broken link)

Hmmm.........shots fired and a high speed chase and you wonder why they put the dog on him and beat the crap out of him?

Gosh I don't know..........

Old 02-04-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Hmmm.........shots fired and a high speed chase and you wonder why they put the dog on him and beat the crap out of him?

Miss the point much?

Old 02-04-2012, 08:55 AM

3,145 posts, read 5,959,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post

The perp didn't do the shooting. LOL

The long & short of it is that this guy had already been apprehended. There were four officers present...two were on him and two were watching. Why were there two watching? Because the two that were holding the perp on the ground had him subdued...they had the situation under control. That's when the K-9 officer came running in and wanted his dog to taste a little blood.

Even if the bludgeoning the guy took was justified, the K-9 was way off limits in my opinion.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:51 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,639,987 times
The cops said that the guy was reaching for something under the seat,,,,,,why in the world would he "Wait" until the cops opened the door to reach for something ??????????????

Just another "Cover your butt" statement.......

Old 02-04-2012, 11:22 AM

109 posts, read 167,665 times
The cop walking up to the vehicle clearly had one intent in mind: punching the dude in the face. If that's what cops do, then I guess there is no problem. Using that logic sending the the dog on him is ok too. I don't claim to be an expert on what LE is and is not allowed to do. It's pretty hard to argue that the intent wasn't to make him pay, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area