U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 09:18 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,916,010 times

Advertisements

I think if you were to just go to Craigslist and narrow your search with the word "James" and $850 as your price you'll come up with some to start looking at. Ask questions on this thread about a specific area, etc. I have heard Jamestown Village are OK apts but I have no personal experience. It's not a bad location. Do you know where you'll be working? Do you only want to consider apt complexes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 03:53 AM

5,615 posts, read 12,798,966 times
At 850/month there aren't a lot of other options unless roomates are involved.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:19 AM

7,934 posts, read 15,066,280 times
Vista Sands and The Traditions in Summerville will get you there but then you have to commute to where ever you are working or playing....

Good news is that both of them are right near I-26..

Old 02-13-2012, 08:32 AM

3,154 posts, read 2,916,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
At 850/month there aren't a lot of other options unless roomates are involved.
I think it depends on how much space you need and if you need an apartment complex. I rent a studio above a freestanding garage for $700 per mo on James Isl. It's small (576 sqft) but comes with storage and laundry hookups in the garage below, separate drive, it's own yard.... It's not empty and I expect the current tenant to renew but those type of rentals are out there.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:36 AM

5,615 posts, read 12,798,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalHero View Post
I think it depends on how much space you need and if you need an apartment complex. I rent a studio above a freestanding garage for $700 per mo on James Isl. It's small (576 sqft) but comes with storage and laundry hookups in the garage below, separate drive, it's own yard.... It's not empty and I expect the current tenant to renew but those type of rentals are out there.
I was thinking more apartment vs. single family home (not a studio above a garage). I'd imagine a lot of SFHs in that price range would be either cosmetically or geographically challenged, so to speak.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:54 AM

9 posts, read 14,867 times
I would like to be in a complex, i have searched a few and found some in both west ashley and on james island. one bedroom is enough but two would be nice if relatives come to visit. some that i have looked into are Ashley Crossing, Plantation Oaks, Middleton Cove, Castlewood Townhouses, Woodbridge, Sawgrass Apartments, James Towne Village, Townhouse Village Apartments, Georgetown Apartments, and Mulberry Place.
Has anyone heard of these places, good or bad?

Old 02-15-2012, 09:22 AM

3,256 posts, read 4,368,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgurl10 View Post
I would like to be in a complex, i have searched a few and found some in both west ashley and on james island. one bedroom is enough but two would be nice if relatives come to visit. some that i have looked into are Ashley Crossing, Plantation Oaks, Middleton Cove, Castlewood Townhouses, Woodbridge, Sawgrass Apartments, James Towne Village, Townhouse Village Apartments, Georgetown Apartments, and Mulberry Place.
Has anyone heard of these places, good or bad?
see if they're on apartmentratings.com

Old 02-15-2012, 09:40 AM

I did that, most are there but some are not. Also many of them have not been rated since last year. I was hoping to find some people that live in these areas or have heard of them in the past few months.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:45 AM

3,256 posts, read 4,368,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgurl10 View Post
I did that, most are there but some are not. Also many of them have not been rated since last year. I was hoping to find some people that live in these areas or have heard of them in the past few months.
sorry, that site can be hit or miss ... sometimes can be very helpful.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:54 AM

it helped narrow it down, but some say certain apartments have changed names and stuff so I was hoping to get better details here. Also some people complain about silly things that I wouldn't really think about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or