Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2012, 02:20 PM

1,075 posts, read 2,110,089 times

Advertisements

What is with all the birds at Del Webb/Cane Bay?

The first time I was in there there were HUNDREDS of geese around the ponds in the established neighborhoods. The smell and goose poop around the pond areas was INSANE.

Now in the new part there seems to be TWICE as many geese ... and don't get me started about the THOUSANDS of seagulls.

Then today we noticed there were a few hundred black birds too.

What gives?

(I got some pics on my phone but it's a crappy camera so I don't know how they will turn out .. if they are decent I'll post a few)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 02:24 PM

3,256 posts, read 5,270,970 times
is it some kind of zoo?

Old 02-17-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynn View Post
is it some kind of zoo?
If that were the case I wouldn't HAVE to ask .. lol.

I really hope these pics are decent so I can post them.

It is an INSANE amount of birds.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:00 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,178,306 times
It must be the season. Crowfield has a lot of geese up at the lake, as well. My kids and I actually laughed at the obscene amount up there this week. We were driving by and were imagining the amount of poop they must be producing.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:45 AM

UPDATE!

First .. the bad news .. the pictures I got with my craptastic camera built into my joke of a phone were terrible. I may post them anyway if I think they might get the point across.

Now .. the sorta good news ..

... Saw a pair of Bald Eagles flying around out there yesterday. I'm no ornithologist so I can't be sure if they were courting or playing, but it really cool to see them flying around so low in and out and around the trees and open areas.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:50 AM

2,223 posts, read 4,990,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogrsp61 View Post
UPDATE!

... Saw a pair of Bald Eagles flying around out there yesterday. I'm no ornithologist so I can't be sure if they were courting or playing, but it really cool to see them flying around so low in and out and around the trees and open areas.

I see him almost every day, lives just down the way from us. Its an amazing site to watch him

Old 02-23-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrplr View Post
I see him almost every day, lives just down the way from us. Its an amazing site to watch him
First ... I have to ask ... do you live in Del Webb? That's pretty cool if you do.

Second ... when I saw the eagles (plural) the other day, there were two and from their behavior I could have sworn they were acting like they might be a mating pair. Any insight?

Old 02-23-2012, 01:34 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,305,687 times
pokr lives in Cane Bay but not DelWeb....

I see Eagles and Osprey all the time out on the lake....

Old 02-23-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
pokr lives in Cane Bay but not DelWeb....

I see Eagles and Osprey all the time out on the lake....
VERY cool. I'm a little jealous to be honest.

Seeing a bald eagle flying around doing his thing always gets my attention. It's something I don't think I'll ever get used to around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area