U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2012, 07:04 AM

9,038 posts, read 14,316,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
This is absolutely outrageous - this video needs to go viral - I can't believe anyone would continue to do business with BoA after seeing this. I had my daughter close her account out of there years ago when I smelled "unseemly" banking practices.
That is just the start. What they really have in mind is chipping us all like dogs and cats and linking the chip to our bank accounts so THEY control when we can access our money or not. Imagine, waiting in line to pay for groceries and not being able to because your chip was turned off. Every American should watch the Aaron Russo film "America: Freedom to Fascism" if you want to know what is in store... There is even an interview with David Rockefeller who confirms the big power grab strategy of the elites.

Also, besides BoA not taking cash, Apple Computer won't either. Remember the story of the woman who wanted to get an IPad and pay with cash and Apple wouldn't let her that came out within a few weeks of their putting it on the market?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 07:35 AM

1,541 posts, read 2,258,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Also, besides BoA not taking cash, Apple Computer won't either. Remember the story of the woman who wanted to get an IPad and pay with cash and Apple wouldn't let her that came out within a few weeks of their putting it on the market?
So do you have a problem with Apple refusing to accept cash for purchases?
In the past you have been all about personal liberties, so I would think that this philosophy would extend to the owners of Apple choosing how to run their own business.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:38 AM

7,934 posts, read 15,088,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynn View Post
I have to tell y'all... I'm totally diggin' all the buffalo style chicken available around here... one of my new favorites is Zaxby's! I know it's just fast food but I'm totally addicted!
I love Zaxby's....

Old 03-21-2012, 08:57 AM

8,231 posts, read 11,605,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanneself View Post
So do you have a problem with Apple refusing to accept cash for purchases?
In the past you have been all about personal liberties, so I would think that this philosophy would extend to the owners of Apple choosing how to run their own business.

The picture is much larger than what you are seeing perhaps. There is a HUGE problem in this nation when a corporation will not accept cash for purchases...the two most prominent issues are the value of our dollar (many nations are looking into not accepting our money) and tracking an individuals purchases. This is very large, broad issue that takes a tremendous amount of research and understanding. I am not saying you don't or can't do that. I am just saying that this isn't about a companies decision to accept cash or not, this IS about personal liberty that most don't or fail to understand.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:14 PM

1,075 posts, read 1,779,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
The picture is much larger than what you are seeing perhaps. There is a HUGE problem in this nation when a corporation will not accept cash for purchases...the two most prominent issues are the value of our dollar (many nations are looking into not accepting our money) and tracking an individuals purchases. This is very large, broad issue that takes a tremendous amount of research and understanding. I am not saying you don't or can't do that. I am just saying that this isn't about a companies decision to accept cash or not, this IS about personal liberty that most don't or fail to understand.
Agreed.

If people would take a step back and see exactly WHY these banks and other companies don't want to accept cash, people would be a bit more upset about it.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:47 PM

1,186 posts, read 1,602,836 times
Construction people have been upset about it for a long time. This stuff is not new.

Go in to cash a check a customer gives you and get a taste of what it's like to treated like a criminal

Old 03-21-2012, 06:57 PM

Say Rick, did you ever "trick out" your garage? i'm thinking about some ideas.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:46 PM

1,797 posts, read 3,060,683 times
Naaaaa.
I do a lot of work in there. I dont have the money or time to do any "Tricking Out"

I just re-worked a small bush hog and now I have two engine covers I have to paint. Gotta stay busy,,,ya know.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:56 PM

I hear ya, I'm all about it.
I pretty much have to rent a seperate space for work stuff

Old 03-21-2012, 08:19 PM

1,924 posts, read 3,017,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynn View Post
I have to tell y'all... I'm totally diggin' all the buffalo style chicken available around here... one of my new favorites is Zaxby's! I know it's just fast food but I'm totally addicted!
I love having all the wing places around! I really like when you can choose a bunch of different kinds. Kickin Chicken has a wing special on Mondays. I believe it is 24 wings for $12.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area