U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 05:23 PM

8,231 posts, read 11,616,305 times

Advertisements

I tell my best half all the time that one day I will get the guts to try a cigar. I love to smell them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 05:56 PM

1,186 posts, read 1,604,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
Mostly Draft Beer, I prefer the ambers and reds....

Love a good Red Wine...

Single Malt Scotch and a stogie on the back porch is just a little slice of heaven...
I agree on the stogie, but prefer tequila. I love beer! Rich, dark, full bodied, or light lagers, doesn't matter...I enjoy them all.
I just had my Xicar lighter replaced and picked up some nice small cigars for the trip down. I already have my spot picked out on the back patio

Old 02-24-2012, 08:39 PM

3,180 posts, read 2,679,350 times
Hubby is a recovering alcoholic (dry 13 yrs. now) .... but I'm not! LOL!

Cigars are SMELLY .... and I smoke cigarettes, but you boys and your stogies .... igch ....

I like a nice Pinot Grigio with ice
Nutty Irishmen
Tanquerey and Tonic
and lately, I've been enjoying flavored martinis ... but I never make them at home

Okay. I have a stupid question. What does the reputation mean? Do you "win" anything if you hit a certain level (like maybe Yac is nicer to you or something?) Do I have to make over 5,000 posts to be as "reputable" as Ol' Tom Cat? ;-)

Old 02-24-2012, 09:56 PM

870 posts, read 1,430,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogrsp61 View Post
It's not that .. its just that these city-data forums are meant to be for threads and discussion about the cities/areas they represent and not really a 'chat' forum.

Most of the city forums that I've seen, however, where there are several 'regulars' providing input and advice about an area usually have some sort of stickied chat thread ... so I asked Yac if we could set one up in here and he very graciously agreed.

SO ...

... IT'S FRIDAY!

I'm off work and just opened a celebratory Dogfishhead 90 Minute IPA .. celebrating a long week and long hours ...

Anyone have any big plans for this weekend? Mardi Crawl? Carolina Challenge Cup? Brewvival (I may check into this one) ?
Home | Charleston Scene, Charleston
SC - Dining, Music and Entertainment
Yes! We are down visiting again to try and find our best "spot" to call home come June! As part of our (meaning mine and the kids) Valentines present he's hubby booked us at the Charleston Harbor Resort...beautiful view and great little "pub." Spent the afternoon letting the kids burn off some energy at the playgrounds on DI..we really like it alot over there!

Sorry we didn't get in on the Pork, Pearls and Oyster Festival tickets for tomorrow though...oh well, hopeful theres next year!

Old 02-25-2012, 12:53 AM

7,934 posts, read 15,100,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Hubby is a recovering alcoholic (dry 13 yrs. now) .... but I'm not! LOL!

Cigars are SMELLY .... and I smoke cigarettes, but you boys and your stogies .... igch ....

I like a nice Pinot Grigio with ice
Nutty Irishmen
Tanquerey and Tonic
and lately, I've been enjoying flavored martinis ... but I never make them at home

Okay. I have a stupid question. What does the reputation mean? Do you "win" anything if you hit a certain level (like maybe Yac is nicer to you or something?) Do I have to make over 5,000 posts to be as "reputable" as Ol' Tom Cat? ;-)
Hate cigarettes they stink, if you think cigars stink you haven't smelled a really good one....

Rep points are what you get when someone likes your post and they rate it favorably....

Alcoholics go to meets, I am an old Drunk...

Old 02-25-2012, 06:04 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,782,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogrsp61 View Post
WHOA

Reds and ambers and IPAs for sure. Dogfishhead 90minute IPA is my favorite and lots of reds that I like. Killian's Irish red is probably the 'lightest' beer I keep in my house .. lol

I've got a bottle of 15 year old Glenlivet French Oak Reserve in the cabinet and a humidor full of nice cigars.

My favorite cigar is a good Cohiba XV and a close second would be a Gurkha Warlord.

Man ... that is crazy how much we agree and have similar tastes.
Sounds like we may have to schedule a night just for some good cigar smoking

Old 02-25-2012, 09:15 AM

3,180 posts, read 2,679,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
Hate cigarettes they stink, if you think cigars stink you haven't smelled a really good one....

Rep points are what you get when someone likes your post and they rate it favorably....

Alcoholics go to meets, I am an old Drunk...
I know I've smelled Cuban cigars ..... and they still stink! LOL! My Dad used to smoke pipes and I really loved the smell of cherry tobacco. It's pretty rare to see a pipe smoker anymore. Bong smokers, yes, but regular pipe smokers, not so much.

Well Ol' Tom, at least you're a "reputable" old drunk according to City Data ...

Hubby went to two AA meetings when we were in Summerville and said the folks were very nice and welcoming.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:27 PM

2,501 posts, read 6,895,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Someone in the other thread mentioned MTB, now they are on my mind...

The Marshall Tucker Band - Can't You See - YouTube
That was me.....thanks for posting more of their music! Good stuff and great memories! Went to several of their concerts in the 70's.

Oh, and on the topic of cigars and cigarettes...... "Ugh" to both! Can't stand the smell of either. DO like beer and pino grigio though!

Old 02-25-2012, 08:15 PM

7,934 posts, read 15,100,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
I know I've smelled Cuban cigars ..... and they still stink! LOL! My Dad used to smoke pipes and I really loved the smell of cherry tobacco. It's pretty rare to see a pipe smoker anymore. Bong smokers, yes, but regular pipe smokers, not so much.

Well Ol' Tom, at least you're a "reputable" old drunk according to City Data ...

Hubby went to two AA meetings when we were in Summerville and said the folks were very nice and welcoming.
If runs into a short round guy with glasses long hair and a beard named Dave, tell him to let me know I may have to have him pass on my number, I have alot of old friends out there that don't drink any more...

Old 02-26-2012, 09:12 AM

96 posts, read 147,947 times
quote=Chromekitty;23122696]Someone in the other thread mentioned MTB, now they are on my mind...

The Marshall Tucker Band - Can't You See - YouTube[/quote]

MY FAVORITE SONG!!! a blast from the past!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area