U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-17-2012, 11:18 AM
 
3,256 posts, read 4,366,645 times
Reputation: 669

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversides View Post
Got a bit of free time do we?
my virtual water cooler...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-17-2012, 12:08 PM
 
Location: Mount Pleasant, SC
1,541 posts, read 2,253,323 times
Reputation: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynn View Post
Does anyone ever read any of the other General Forums on this site? Pretty entertaining some of them...
Nope, I'm afraid I'll get sucked into that vortex and never pull myself out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2012, 07:43 PM
 
Location: Here, finally
1,186 posts, read 1,598,774 times
Reputation: 254
Roxanne, my client this week had a black great dane.

I'm not sure I've been up close and personal before... They're HUGE !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2012, 08:30 PM
 
Location: Summerville
7,934 posts, read 15,060,042 times
Reputation: 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanneself View Post
Nope, I'm afraid I'll get sucked into that vortex and never pull myself out!
My fear too, I steer clear.

I ventured into some of the political forums a couple of times but that is just all arguing with people who will never truly change their minds so it is a waste of time...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2012, 09:02 PM
 
Location: Mount Pleasant, SC
1,541 posts, read 2,253,323 times
Reputation: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversides View Post
Roxanne, my client this week had a black great dane.

I'm not sure I've been up close and personal before... They're HUGE !!!!
Fun, I bet he/she was ALL over you. If they aren't shy they are insanely effectionate.
My male is just average size (160#) and my female is petite (118#), and I think they are giant. I can't imagine having a jumbo version of the breed. Of course, at 18 months they aren't completely done growing either.
If I knew how to share pics I would probably bombard you guys with photos, so I guess you are all lucky I haven't figured it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2012, 09:20 PM
 
1,923 posts, read 3,009,674 times
Reputation: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanneself View Post
Fun, I bet he/she was ALL over you. If they aren't shy they are insanely effectionate.
My male is just average size (160#) and my female is petite (118#), and I think they are giant. I can't imagine having a jumbo version of the breed. Of course, at 18 months they aren't completely done growing either.
If I knew how to share pics I would probably bombard you guys with photos, so I guess you are all lucky I haven't figured it out.
When you post a reply, scroll down a little and click on "manage attachments," click "choose file" to navigate to your pictures, and then click "upload." I would LOVE to see pictures of your babies!

Speaking of babies, does anyone know when squirrels have babies? I think I have a pregnant one that comes around. I haven't gotten a side picture of her yet.
Attached Thumbnails
**Official Charleston Area 'Chat' thread**-fat-squirrel.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2012, 09:23 PM
 
Location: Mount Pleasant, SC
1,541 posts, read 2,253,323 times
Reputation: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINIcoopKJG View Post
When you post a reply, scroll down a little and click on "manage attachments," click "choose file" to navigate to your pictures, and then click "upload." I would LOVE to see pictures of your babies!

Speaking of babies, does anyone know when squirrels have babies? I think I have a pregnant one that comes around. I haven't gotten a side picture of her yet.
One of the drawbacks of doing 99% of my internetting on my iPad is things just don't work the same way for me. I know how to post them from my computer, but I'm just never on the thing anymore! I'll figure it out and share some pics soon.

I'm not a fan of squirrels, but I sure would loveto see squirrel babies. In someone else's yard, naturally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2012, 09:51 PM
 
Location: Mount Pleasant, SC
1,541 posts, read 2,253,323 times
Reputation: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanneself View Post
One of the drawbacks of doing 99% of my internetting on my iPad is things just don't work the same way for me. I know how to post them from my computer, but I'm just never on the thing anymore! I'll figure it out and share some pics soon.

I'm not a fan of squirrels, but I sure would loveto see squirrel babies. In someone else's yard, naturally.
I can't access my external hard drive from the iPad without waking up the husband first, so this is the only shot I have access to right now that's current. This is our big baby Loki.

Untitled by roxanneself, on Flickr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2012, 10:00 PM
 
1,923 posts, read 3,009,674 times
Reputation: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanneself View Post
I can't access my external hard drive from the iPad without waking up the husband first, so this is the only shot I have access to right now that's current. This is our big baby Loki.

Untitled by roxanneself, on Flickr
What a cutie!!!! I just love animal pictures!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2012, 10:12 PM
 
Location: Mount Pleasant, SC
1,541 posts, read 2,253,323 times
Reputation: 368
Thanks. That harness isn't super tight like it looks. He just has enough excess skin to fit a second dane in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top