U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2012, 09:10 PM

1,186 posts, read 1,603,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
That is funny, but I don't think anyone else will get it...
Umm, really? A plastic burn barrel?

Puuuleese.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 09:11 PM

1,541 posts, read 2,259,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
That is funny, but I don't think anyone else will get it...
I don't get it, unless you are giggling over the idea of burning in a plastic barrel.

I just hope whoever buys these doesn't use them near me!

Edit: darn it, Silversides beat me too it. I blame the tequila!!!

Old 07-24-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanneself View Post
I don't get it, unless you are giggling over the idea of burning in a plastic barrel.

I just hope whoever buys these doesn't use them near me!

Edit: darn it, Silversides beat me too it. I blame the tequila!!!

Okay, I just have to know....are you one of those dog owners who would share a popsicle with thier dog?

Old 07-24-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversides View Post
Okay, I just have to know....are you one of those dog owners who would share a popsicle with thier dog?
No, I wouldn't, but I do smooch them on their lips. Is that weird?
Between me and you (no one else read this part) I have probably an unhealthy attachment to my dogs that I've never had with other dogs. I've always enjoyed an active social group, and I just can't seem to connect much out here. My fault, I have no doubt. Since I'm not really making friends I spend a rediculous amount of time talking to the fur beasts. I don't know if that's why I'm so bonded or if it's because the breed is so different than what I am used to.

Anyway, no shared Popsicles, but they do sleep on my bed, until they start kicking.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
No, I wouldn't, but I do smooch them on their lips. Is that weird? Kind of yes. I have to admit though that I've really come to like Beezys dog Coco. She's really got sweet disposition. We don't kiss.....okay, just saying that makes me laugh!

Between me and you (no one else read this part) I have probably an unhealthy attachment to my dogs that I've never had with other dogs. I've always enjoyed an active social group, and I just can't seem to connect much out here. My fault, I have no doubt. Since I'm not really making friends I spend a rediculous amount of time talking to the fur beasts. I don't know if that's why I'm so bonded or if it's because the breed is so different than what I am used to.

Don't feel like the lone ranger. We guys have a much easier time hangin' out. So many fewer rules than you ladies have. I hear about this situation regularly.

Anyway, no shared Popsicles, but they do sleep on my bed, until they start kicking.
Bwahahahaha!!

Old 07-24-2012, 09:35 PM

Oh, I don't believe in rules. I'm far to old to deal with that female drama nonsense. I'm just not working, and that usually seems to be where I meet people. I will be putting myself out there more, because now my mother is living with me and if I don't socialize on my own she will drag me to knitting groups!! I'm not quite there yet.

A far as the dog smooching, even my husband kisses these pups. It must be something about them specifically because he's actually a bit of a germaphobe!

Old 07-24-2012, 09:43 PM

1,924 posts, read 3,018,376 times
Quote:
No, I wouldn't, but I do smooch them on their lips. Is that weird?

I don't think it is weird to smooch your dogs. We do it.

We haven't really connected with others yet either, but I know it is due to not doing anything after work and then hanging out together sightseeing or going to the beach together on the weekends. I need to find some sort of group to join.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINIcoopKJG View Post

We haven't really connected with others yet either, but I know it is due to not doing anything after work and then hanging out together sightseeing or going to the beach together on the weekends. I need to find some sort of group to join.
Oh, that reminds me...
I was sitting in my car at the gas station and my husband came out and said he saw you inside. (that's the second random Minicoop sighting.)
I would have popped in to say hi but he was pulling away as he was telling me. I did see what I hae to assume is your car in the lot though.
Do you feel stalked now?

Old 07-24-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINIcoopKJG View Post

<looks in from the outside> so the two of you are talking with each other about the need to find friends, but are having trouble meeting others? Am I missing something here? Doesn't the person you're speaking to belong to the "meeting others" group?

Yes! it's weird! You don't really smooch 'em do ya? You ever see what they do with that mouth and tongue??

Old 07-24-2012, 09:51 PM

This is what a smooch from a Great Dane looks like, by the way:

Untitled by roxanneself, on Flickr
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area