Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 09:41 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,171,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINIcoopKJG View Post
I just noticed that at Sunoco. How does that work? Do you pour it in a bottle, or do you just get a cup of it? I have never seen draft beer at a gas station.
My husband was actually on the news when they did a story about this...lol.

It is on tap but with a lock. The employee pours it for you into a large growler (I think that is the name of it). They then put a piece of tape around it but it is rather a superficial way of saying it isn't an open container in the vehicle.

We ended up having to dump most of it because it doesn't keep well. It would be like opening a beer bottle and putting it back in the fridge. They also sell small bottles but it isn't from the tap. For us, it makes more sense to buy the smaller bottles from the local breweries rather than buying a growler.

It is something fun to try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 09:21 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,577,251 times
2 tickets for the beer fest for $37 through living social:

The Best Daily Deals in Charleston, SC - 17 North - 2 Tickets to Lowcountry Beer Festival on April 1

Old 03-28-2012, 10:47 PM

1,541 posts, read 2,666,781 times
Looks like I have to miss this after all. My boys are Bridge Run volunteers (They JUST told me, gotta love teenagers!!!). The one place I didn't want to get anywhere near, and I'll have to drive around kid hunting when it's over. Sigh! For those of you who are going, be sure to lift a beer for me!

Old 03-29-2012, 08:12 AM

45,680 posts, read 23,802,519 times
Beer Fest is looking for volunteers........see 17 North FB page

Old 04-01-2012, 08:33 PM

140 posts, read 278,598 times
It seems 17 north were more concerned with ticket sales rather than providing quality and comfortable setting. It was by far the worst beer fest ive attended. To get a 5 oz beer required standing in line for a long period of time and the buffet line was at least an hour wait. Not really a buffet when you cant get more than single helping of food uless you were willing spend your afternoon in line.

I spoke with a vender and he said it was a logistical nightmare, lines were too long, and people having to go pee in the woods. The food line was stretched around the grounds for a single buffet table. The groupon and living social sales had no cap on ticket sales and sold at least 1500 tickets before they finally told the websites to stop posting ticket sales. The town of MtP threatened to cancel if they did not stop ticket sales due capacity issues according to the vender.
Needless to say i was there with my wife and child for an at least an hour without getting a single sample beer or food after buying two entry tickets for buffet and 8 drink tickets.

As frequent patron to 17 North, I am extremely disappointed with their lack of planning for this event for such a large amount of people. I wish i could get my money back but i just wont go to their sponsored events in the future.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:35 AM

2,527 posts, read 7,990,492 times
I was all upset I was going to miss it this weekend. Now I'm grateful that I had to run out of town. I'm sorry that those who went weren't able to enjoy it. I do recommend 17 North highly for dinner. The food is great and the back patio area is a terrific spot on a nice evening.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:25 PM

140 posts, read 278,598 times
17 North is deleting all negative feedback from their facebook page. They took in over 1500 tickets according to the venders and many were left without any food or drinks. they had no problem taking the money but little concern how the patrons feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area