Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2012, 06:00 AM

3 posts, read 4,018 times

Advertisements

My wife and I will be moving down to Charleston in May as I will be starting school at MUSC. The past few days we have been down looking at apartments mostly in N. Charleston and West Ashley. I have mixed views of North Charleston at this point and didn't really spend enough time in WA to get a great idea of the area. Our top 3 places at this point are in the following locations: Silvana Oaks (at intersection of Dorch/Ashley Phosphate), the Brookdale neighborhood which is by the big postal building off Dorch./Cross County and the WA apartment is off Mary Ader and is called Colonial Grand at Cypress Cove. The house in Brookdale is amazing and the immediate neighborhood is great but there is this neighborhood called Peppertree next to it which appears to be a bit rough. Both apartment complexes are newer and very nice. I know WA is probably a shorter commute but we are getting a little more for our money at Silvana in N. Charleston.

If anyone is familiar with these areas please give me some helpful advice. I really don't want to worry about my wife's safety while I'm at school and she's home alone. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 07:08 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,320,205 times
Call the N. Charleston Police Dept. they can give you the lowdown on those areas....

4900 Lacross Road
North Charleston, SC
(843) 740-2548

Old 03-18-2012, 07:24 AM

3 posts, read 4,018 times
Thank you! Will they give me information directly over the phone you think?

Old 03-18-2012, 09:51 AM

1,075 posts, read 2,112,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlandes14 View Post
Thank you! Will they give me information directly over the phone you think?
Silvana Oaks is a very nice, fairly new apartment complex. We did the civil engineering and survey work there.

I'm over there fairly frequently (surveying the adjacent parcels etc) and I can tell you that it's a nice place .. they have police officers that live there and patrol there occasionally (an arrangement a lot of apartment complexes make with officers looking to live in any apt complex).

The place on Mary Ader is very nice too. I don't have any first hand experience with that property but that is in a nice area of WA.

The area by the Post Office is not bad .. there are some new phases going in there .. but it would probably go on the bottom of the list you gave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area