Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2012, 10:05 AM

4 posts, read 12,943 times

Advertisements

Is there a difference between West Ashley and West Ashley Inside Mark Clark. I know the geographical difference, but I'm wondering if there is a difference in the feel of the community. Are there more restaurants/bars on one side, crime, older or newer, traffic, etc. Any information could really help. Right now I'm looking at Inside Mark Clark, if anyone has any apartment recommendations they would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 10:19 AM

2,527 posts, read 8,016,626 times
Inside the Mark Clark is more congested because it's more built up, but it's also closer to downtown. There are more bars, restaurants, and everything inside the Mark Clark, but the difference between the two is only a matter of a couple of minutes. There is a more rural feel outside of the Mark Clark.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:47 PM

3,838 posts, read 3,064,305 times
I prefer the older "inside the Mark Clark" section of West Ashley, especially the areas of Byrnes Down, South Windermer and Avondale. Good neighborhood vibe and excellant location relative to downtown and Folly Beach. Also easy access to the West Ashley Greenway and plans are in the works to rebuild the old St Andrews Elementary School.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:23 PM

1,186 posts, read 1,940,034 times
We liked both sides. That being said the inside portion is way too close to what we left.
We were looking for a South Carolina feel. That for us, was out west.

It's still silly close to Folly by our standards, and we also liked the folly beach shrimp company. Not sure if that's exactly right, but it was good.

If you're going to say its too touristy.....bite me....lol

Old 03-21-2012, 03:35 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,787,321 times
We strongly preferred the inside part vs. the outside. From the direction we come and go from there's no traffic at all, and the outer part just felt like suburbs to us. FWIW we work in North Charleston so we come home by going down the Cosgrove bridge -> Sam Ritt -> Old Towne ->...

Old 03-21-2012, 10:10 AM

4 posts, read 12,943 times
I’m looking at a few apartment complexes Woodbridge, Middleton Cove, and Windjammer. Does anyone have any experience with any of these apartments? Opinions?

Old 03-21-2012, 08:59 PM

1,541 posts, read 2,677,181 times
Nelsonnich,

Did you see this thread? West Ashley Apartments

She mentions each of the complexes you ask about there.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:05 PM

469 posts, read 890,880 times
He did see it - he did message me privately to ask more detailed impressions and I gave it to him. I think he might want some first hand experience with those complexes of maybe people who live in and around them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area