Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2012, 08:26 PM

37 posts, read 94,905 times

Advertisements

I am a fat guy who has low T and am not some young kid in to bodybuilding trying to find an easy way to build muscle. I can't really even work out with weights anymore due to a L-5 to S-1 fusion that didn't take.

I currently have a female family Dr. that doesn't seem to understand Low T as she has only given me a gel that I really don't like smearing on myself every day. I have tried to talk to her about injections and she wants to fight me on that. There is a ton of research on it and if administered correctly, is safe.

Are there any particular Dr's around the Summerville/Charleston area that are pro Low T therapy? It would be even better if they took Blue Cross/Blue Shield.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 10:31 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,323,940 times
Dr. Bass on Ladson Rd.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:25 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,645,966 times
off hand how were you diagnosed with "low T"

Old 03-29-2012, 12:38 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,323,940 times
There is a blood test for it...

Old 03-29-2012, 05:20 PM

Sluggish all the time and felt like a zombie 24/7. They ran a blood test and determined that my test and vitamin D levels were in the tank.

5000 I.U. of Vitamin D a day and then the Androgel crap that I dont like to use.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:58 PM

21 posts, read 34,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAzzRunner View Post
Sluggish all the time and felt like a zombie 24/7. They ran a blood test and determined that my test and vitamin D levels were in the tank.

5000 I.U. of Vitamin D a day and then the Androgel crap that I dont like to use.
It sounds like FatAzzRunner has been pushing himself too hard for a long time (overtraining) and has been living with physical stress all that time. Bodybuilders who do this are dismayed to see themselves losing muscle mass rather than increasing it.

Under stress, the brain signals the adrenal glands to produce large amounts of cortisol. The cortisol suppresses the production of testosterone, and it also tells the liver to convert amino acids into glucose because the stressed brain needs more glucose. Those amino acids are stolen from muscle tissue, which will weaken you.

A sports doctor named Dan Gwartney has written an article on the subject that you can read at:

http://www.google.im/url?sa=t&rct=j&...mjjIyA&cad=rja

When you get there, go down to the seventh article:

"The Testosterone:Cortisol Connection"

Good luck.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pensionato View Post
It sounds like FatAzzRunner has been pushing himself too hard for a long time (overtraining) and has been living with physical stress all that time. Bodybuilders who do this are dismayed to see themselves losing muscle mass rather than increasing it.

Under stress, the brain signals the adrenal glands to produce large amounts of cortisol. The cortisol suppresses the production of testosterone, and it also tells the liver to convert amino acids into glucose because the stressed brain needs more glucose. Those amino acids are stolen from muscle tissue, which will weaken you.

A sports doctor named Dan Gwartney has written an article on the subject that you can read at:

http://www.google.im/url?sa=t&rct=j&...mjjIyA&cad=rja

When you get there, go down to the seventh article:

"The Testosterone:Cortisol Connection"

Good luck.
Living with a lot of physical stress? YES, YES and yes.

Over training? No, I have not been able to lift in years due to my back injuries and surgeries.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:46 AM

21 posts, read 34,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAzzRunner View Post
Living with a lot of physical stress? YES, YES and yes.

Over training? No, I have not been able to lift in years due to my back injuries and surgeries.
From my otherwise empty wallet, I have retrieved the business card of Dr. Bernie Cooper, a chiropractor in West Ashley who is the 'Team Physician for the U.S. Powerlifting Team'. I have met Dr. Cooper and he is a good guy. He did wonders for my wife's back. He does not cost an arm and a leg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area