Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 12:57 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,605,326 times

Advertisements

Boeing South Carolina ready to roll out its first Dreamliner | The Post and Courier | Charleston SC, News, Sports, Entertainment

Couple more days
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 05:01 PM

4,281 posts, read 12,615,548 times
Interesting part of the article.

Jones is Boeing VP and General Manager of SC Operations?

His quote:

The Boeing site has steadily ramped up its workforce as its responsibilities have increased. There were about 5,000 employees and contractors on site in August. Now there are more than 6,000, which Jones said represents a stable staffing level.

Hiring for the foreseeable future will be only to replace retirees or other attrition.

Jones noted that 85 percent of the nonmanagement Boeing employees on site were hired from within 100 miles of the plant and trained through the state’s ReadySC program.

Not being negative, but there have been many posts on Boeing jobs and at least this might be some answers for those still hoping.

Last edited by accufitgolf; 04-25-2012 at 05:53 PM..

Old 04-25-2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by accufitgolf View Post
Interesting part of the article.

Jones is Boeing VP and General Manager of SC Operations?

His quote:

The Boeing site has steadily ramped up its workforce as its responsibilities have increased. There were about 5,000 employees and contractors on site in August. Now there are more than 6,000, which Jones said represents a stable staffing level.

Hiring for the foreseeable future will be only to replace retirees or other attrition.

Jones noted that 85 percent of the nonmanagement Boeing employees on site were hired from within 100 miles of the plant and trained through the state’s ReadySC program.

Not being negative, but there have been many posts on Boeing jobs and at least this might be some answers for those still hoping.

Whatever happens this place creates jobs in the area. I know I am labeled the Boeing Cheerleader. But its a fact.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:50 AM

212 posts, read 414,111 times
Line number 46 was moved from position 4 to position 7 earlier this morning in preparation for Friday's "Roll Out". It's gonna get a wash and wax job for the cameras. Too bad it's gotta go BACK in the factory afterwards too finish being worked on.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:08 AM

Its not going back in, well as of now, not going back in. You know how everything is subject to change.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:19 PM

Guess we'll know come Friday night after the cameras are gone. Hoping it stays outside but only time is gonna tell what help pens. I'm sure we'll all be busy tonight shining up the factory and 5S'ing everything.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:04 PM

1,195 posts, read 3,459,582 times
my wife will be out there standing among the crowd watching it roll out...

a lot of people I know have gone to work for them, must be a great company to work for... they'll have a larger impact here than the Navy base did before it's all over, if it's ever over...

I definitely see them continuing to grow here, rumors already have them buying land in all three counties to bring more production here.

This is merely the beginning...

Old 04-26-2012, 09:13 PM

Lots of activity going on here tonight in the FAD building. Gonna be an interesting show here tomorrow. The Plane looks great. Has Air India markings on it already - will get a real paint job soon before they pick it up.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:15 PM

Waiting for the 2nd 787 line to start up here! Gonna be a great place to work at for a Lon time to come. Just wish I could buy a house here and sell mine currwnt one down in Florida!

Old 04-26-2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiGator View Post
Guess we'll know come Friday night after the cameras are gone. Hoping it stays outside but only time is gonna tell what help pens. I'm sure we'll all be busy tonight shining up the factory and 5S'ing everything.
When the cameras leave its going to stall A1, and we start flightline jobs, just like any other position move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area