Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 06:42 AM

212 posts, read 492,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
And a wiser man edits it out!
Got my morning laugh today! lol...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 09:32 AM

1,541 posts, read 2,678,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meks View Post
looks like u have a fan club OTC, we need a "like" button on here mods... lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by preparing2move View Post
Got my morning laugh today! lol...
I know, right? Some days you just have to step back and ask yourself "why am I arguing with this fill the blank?"

Old 05-10-2012, 10:14 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,330,260 times
Because you like to argue....

Old 05-10-2012, 10:20 AM

1,186 posts, read 1,940,924 times
^ this

<chuckles>

Old 05-10-2012, 10:26 AM

1,541 posts, read 2,678,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
Because you like to argue....
So does that make you the pot or the kettle?

You better hush before you get kicked out of your own fanclub.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:32 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,330,260 times
LOL.....

Either the pot or the kettle it doesn't matter all the same to me...

Old 05-10-2012, 11:08 AM

18 posts, read 21,250 times
You all crack me up. I will be moving home hopefully by next spring. Have to sell my house in Oregon.Won't be easy. Of course, I could get caught off guard and have it sell before Christmas. My daughter will attend CSU in the Fall.But when I get to Summerville, I look forward to attending one of your get togethers. I take in all of your advice about the area as it has been many years since I lived there. I do have several good friends there still and they are also a wealth of information. But they are biased and just want me to move back. I can't wait to get there. There isn't anything anyone of you could say.....not mentioning anyone by name of course....that could cause me to change my mind. Places change, sometimes crimes increase, towns get more crowded, traffic increases. All of that can be dealt with. I do agree with OTC....moving a little farther out is a good idea. The Low Country is still the best place for me. Have a wonderful day. We finally have some sunshine here in Oregon and I plan on enjoying it as much as I can.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:12 PM

528 posts, read 1,514,098 times
My family has been in Summerville for 6 generations so I am clearly prejudiced. I asked my Dad one time what he liked about being in real estate. He answered, "Summerville is an easy sell. You just drive them around town and they fall in love with the place, buy a house and become your good friend!"
Foster

Old 05-10-2012, 01:15 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,793,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanneself View Post
I know, right? Some days you just have to step back and ask yourself "why am I arguing with this fill the blank?"
Do I get to pick the word, because I have plenty?

Old 05-10-2012, 01:39 PM

528 posts, read 1,514,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carinap1212 View Post
Hi all!

I currently live in Delaware and my husband and I with our kids want to move south. We've looked at Florida first but wanted something closer to our family in PA. Summerville seems to have all we would want and need.

My question would pertain to employment. I work in the dental field. In PA where I work I have a license to fill teeth. Does South Carolina have anything like this or similar? Are there job placement agencies? We've both been with our employers for over 13 years each!

Well can't wait to visit, hopefully in the next few months! I hear so many great things from friends whom visited and things I've read! Hoping to make this my new home soon!!!
Have you settled on a date for your visit? I am the 6th generation of my family in Summerville. I'd be happy to give you a tour of the area like only a native can do.
Foster
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area