Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2012, 12:08 PM

42 posts, read 70,443 times

Advertisements

On three different occasions in July and August 2011, I took my Ford F-150 to Firestone (Sam Rittenberg Blvd) for repair of the air conditioning system. At each of the three visits I was charged anew because each time, I was told, new parts had been put in: a new accumulator and hose assembly, etc. While I was extremely disappointed that Firestone did not honor its Internet-advertised company "Fixed Right Guarantee" that promises "to re-perform the service at no additional charge to you, during the established warranty period," I complied with each request for additional payment. I was charged three times for the AC repair for a total of $997.67. At each visit, I had requested that the old, removed parts be placed on the bed of my truck. They never were. Within two weeks after each of my three visits to Firestone, the new Freon had completely leaked out and the AC unit was again blowing hot air.

Firestone offered, for a fourth time, to repair the leak, "because these leaks are often hard to detect," as they told me. This time, I declined knowing full well that I would be charged yet a fourth time with the same explanation that had been given to me before, namely that yet another AC part, which had not been repaired before, would need to be replaced because it was defective. I asked for my money back, and, to their credit, they refunded me the complete expenses in the amount of $997.67 without putting up a fight. They felt bad as well that they had not been able to repair my car AC. I chalked off the rental car charges I had incurred in the process to "experience gained."

Well, here I am nearly a year later looking for a competent AC repair shop as the temperature in my truck is rising daily to unbearable levels.

This morning my barber recommended to me Eagle Automotive AC and, for some reason, Hay Tire. Does any one of you have AC repair experiences with either of these companies? Is there another competent AC repair outfit that you can recommend? I am shying away from Palmetto Ford because, for some reason, I have it in my head that I would be charged more at the official Ford dealer.

Thanks to all of you in advance for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 02:13 PM

2,527 posts, read 8,016,626 times
I haven't had to use Eagle for my A/C, but I've used them for about everything else. They are full-service, and they have fixed everything I've ever gone to them for. I recommend them.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:18 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,638,340 times
Eagle Automotive AC is on DuPont rd west ashley. Ive been told they do good work.

BUT,,,,,Ive got a buddy I used to work with at Rick Hendrick Chevy that just opened up his own shop in down town Charleston. He is VERY good at what he does and he is honest!
He does all my work and all my frends work.
I will "PM" you his number. Tell him Rick sent you...........

Old 05-03-2012, 02:08 PM

4,281 posts, read 12,663,203 times
Two places in Mount Pleasant, across the street/beside each other. Irvine's Auto Repair and East Cooper Auto Repair. Both trusted and respected by locals.

Shadow Dr, off Chuck Dawley Blvd which is at the end of I526 between Rte 17 and Coleman Blvd.

Two year old information, so ask about.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:33 AM

1 posts, read 3,211 times
Default A/C repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Rick Hiott View Post
Eagle Automotive AC is on DuPont rd west ashley. Ive been told they do good work.

BUT,,,,,Ive got a buddy I used to work with at Rick Hendrick Chevy that just opened up his own shop in down town Charleston. He is VERY good at what he does and he is honest!
He does all my work and all my frends work.
I will "PM" you his number. Tell him Rick sent you...........
Hey, who is your buddy? I need A/C repair on my Jeep! CAn you send me his name and number to
[EMAIL="sdeese@chs-airport.com"]sdeese@chs-airport.com[/EMAIL].

Old 06-29-2012, 01:33 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,638,340 times
You have a "PM" Sheryl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area