U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 12:46 PM

212 posts, read 228,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanneself View Post
Edit: it may also be the reason preparingtomove saw all the yard disarray here. We are far to busy to mow!!!
Thats it! You figured it out!! That explains it all. What was I thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 12:53 PM

1,541 posts, read 1,228,479 times
Actually, kidding aside, there are a handful of bank owned homes that are really in sad shape. I drive almost all the way through every day, and those are the only houses I see that aren't well kept.
I don't like the St Andrews subsection though, that part just doesn't look as nice to me. It's sad because there are some beautiful homes over there. Each subsection has a different person in charge of enforcing HOA rules, so you can find very different levels of compliance.
Plus the older sections have a larger population of retirees, and they just can't do as much.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:32 AM

5,081 posts, read 7,698,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynn View Post
MP is full of drunks. If you don't live there, stay out and far away...

I was told that at closing on a house, if you wanted to buy in certain parts of the area you have to beat someone of the town's choosing at a drinking contest. The reason is, they have to keep up appearances and not become a bunch of lightweights. Confirm / deny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanneself View Post
Actually, kidding aside, there are a handful of bank owned homes that are really in sad shape. I drive almost all the way through every day, and those are the only houses I see that aren't well kept.
In before someone goes 'OMFG, insensitive!'

Old 05-09-2012, 07:21 AM

2,799 posts, read 1,984,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
I was told that at closing on a house, if you wanted to buy in certain parts of the area you have to beat someone of the town's choosing at a drinking contest. The reason is, they have to keep up appearances and not become a bunch of lightweights. Confirm / deny?

The first rule of MP Club is, you do not talk about MP Club.

Old 12-12-2013, 08:20 AM

5 posts, read 2,358 times
Default Quick question to Esposito...

Jesposito...

Quick question on the $30 cab fare from downtown...is that from downtown Charleston, I assume?

My wife and I are big taxi and uber takers cause we are vehemently against drunk driving, but some places make it very difficult to get alternative transportation. Is it feasible to cab it back and forth from MP to downtown Charleston, in terms of availability of taxis both ways?

Thanks!

Old 12-12-2013, 01:21 PM

514 posts, read 576,097 times
downtown Charleston, yes. very easy to get a cab home, not so easy to get one there FYI

Old 12-16-2013, 08:03 AM

107 posts, read 55,308 times
Smart thinking about taking a cab ~ your life and other's will not be in danger!

Old 12-16-2013, 04:43 PM

1,391 posts, read 680,427 times
Im glad MPPD is so good about stopping DUI's. DUI's kill more Americans in 1 year than the Iraq/Afghanistan wars have, combined, in TEN years.

Let that stat settle for a moment. We are so aggressive about fighting terrorism and wars.

But, whats more of a daily threat to you or I? A dam drunk driver. They kill more in 1 year than both wars combined, in their entirety.

However, the spike in murder, robbery, rape and suicide in Mt P over the last 8 years is bothersome (relative to what it used to be).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area