U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 01:27 PM

313 posts, read 617,823 times

Advertisements

DD Peckers on route 17 in West Ashley is a Philly bar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 01:36 PM

1,608 posts, read 1,569,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2coastal View Post
As the football season approaches, I'm looking at my NFL viewing options. Just wondering how programing goes for Sunday games?

Is it usually Carolina or Atlanta for the NFC (Fox) games?
Who is the local AFC (CBS) game? Is there a reliable rule to go by?

I have Time Warner but they apparently don't have the NFL Package - or the NFL network!!!

Any tips or reliable rules of what to expect would be greatly appreciated!
Do you have a Playstation 3 (ps3)? If so then you can download the Directv Sunday Ticket app. They show all of the NFL games in HD including the redzone channel. I believe the price this year is $199. Thats what i did last season. I live in Ohio and my team is the Vikings. So i watched all of the Vikings game. It was cheaper then going to a bar every week.

Last edited by ma5cmpb; 07-18-2012 at 01:41 PM.. Reason: add more

Old 07-18-2012, 01:57 PM

780 posts, read 1,336,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
Do you have a Playstation 3 (ps3)? If so then you can download the Directv Sunday Ticket app. They show all of the NFL games in HD including the redzone channel. I believe the price this year is $199. Thats what i did last season. I live in Ohio and my team is the Vikings. So i watched all of the Vikings game. It was cheaper then going to a bar every week.
Interesting...do you have to be a Direct TV suscriber to get the app?

Old 07-18-2012, 02:38 PM

26 posts, read 43,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
That is a great tip! I'll look into that!

You spend 20-40 bucks a week at a sports bar vs. $199 -- pretty good!

You're welcome for McNabb by the way!

Old 07-18-2012, 05:26 PM

26 posts, read 43,826 times
It doesn't look good for PS3 and Sunday Ticket for non DirectV subscribers. Still lots of confusion out there so must be in the lawyers and accountants hands!

Old 07-18-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnasty View Post
Interesting...do you have to be a Direct TV suscriber to get the app?
No you don't. You simply just download the app. It will ask if your a Directv subscriber, say no, then it will take you to the psn store where you can make a payment thru the psn (Sony) network. I believe last years cost was $399. You make the payments in installments. This year the Sunday ticket is $199 but where not sure if non directv subs will get the same price.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2coastal View Post
It doesn't look good for PS3 and Sunday Ticket for non DirectV subscribers. Still lots of confusion out there so must be in the lawyers and accountants hands!
Hopefully we get the same price as Directv subscribers this year.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:35 PM

128 posts, read 201,044 times
Good question. I was wondering the same thing. We moved here from Charlotte a few months ago and I was hoping the Panthers would be the games shown on cable here.
On a side note are you in Charleston because we have Comcast and didn't know Time Warner was here.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:44 PM

780 posts, read 1,336,784 times
Default Just found this article

Looks like Direct TV will drop the price. I may have to invest in a PS3!

DirecTV drops price of Sunday Ticket under $200 | ProFootballTalk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area