U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 06:39 AM

4,015 posts, read 5,046,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnasty View Post
BTN has been a lifesaver for me. Looking forward to Hoosier basketball this season. IU football? Well, just an afterthought.
BOOOOOO IU! Go Boilers!

With a probable move to Cton in the next 8 weeks, I'll be flying my 'P' flag from the front porch of our new home. From what I hear, I'll be competing with a lot of OSU fans.....
Either way, will be fun to have more Big 10 action in ACC/SEC country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 06:53 AM

780 posts, read 1,338,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
BOOOOOO IU! Go Boilers!

With a probable move to Cton in the next 8 weeks, I'll be flying my 'P' flag from the front porch of our new home. From what I hear, I'll be competing with a lot of OSU fans.....
Either way, will be fun to have more Big 10 action in ACC/SEC country.

It will be great to follow B10 action. Even greater to hear the groans of the Purdue Pete faithful all the way from W. Laffy'ete!

And yes, OSU has a huge presence here. There is a big alumni association here.

Old 08-04-2012, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnasty View Post
It will be great to follow B10 action. Even greater to hear the groans of the Purdue Pete faithful all the way from W. Laffy'ete!

And yes, OSU has a huge presence here. There is a big alumni association here.

I wonder if OSU pays their fans as much as their players.

POTFH

Old 08-05-2012, 07:09 PM

22 posts, read 33,677 times
Boiler up! Have met several other boilers here since moving a year ago. Love seeing a Purdue sticker on a car in SC!

Old 08-06-2012, 04:12 AM

5,615 posts, read 12,786,815 times
Wow, lots of Beaver fans here apparently.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackandmak View Post
Boiler up! Have met several other boilers here since moving a year ago. Love seeing a Purdue sticker on a car in SC!

Where ddi you move from? We'll be coming from Chicago. On my little block of SFH in our n'hood, we have grads from Purdue, IU, ND, IL, PSU, etc. It's definitely Big 10 central.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:11 PM

4 posts, read 6,043 times
Default Touchdown

Found a bar! The Sand Shack has the BTN over on Ashley Phosphate. Quaint little place, but they've got plenty of tvs and the beer's cold. If you find any others, please do share.

And I'm sorry, but I'll be a Hawkeye til I die. I may have changed locations, but I can't change who I am.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:48 PM

20 posts, read 87,006 times
I'm a hawkeye too. Where do you live? We can probably find a good bar to watch the games. Mad River downtown is a Michigan bar. I like to go there in hawk gear and watch Michigan get beat....

Old 08-22-2012, 08:47 AM

47 posts, read 68,536 times
OMG! Why are all these Iowaians moving here?!! I work with two haweyes! It's the snow isn't it?!!...lol

Old 08-22-2012, 03:55 PM

I'm sort of surprised not Cton or MP bar has designated itself the local "Big 10" bar with all the midwesterners/Big 10 grads now living in the area, there's gotta be a market for it?

I live in Chicago and obviously, with 7+ million people, there's a bar for virtually every BCS school out there for their fans to get together for game watching parties. It's also not uncommon for several bars fighting to represent one Big 10 school.

When we get our new house, my goal is to have a bar/guys room, complete with bar, couple flat screens, sports memorabilia, etc.(I'm assuming the wife will be in agreement with this LOL!) I'll be happy to host games in that place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area