U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 04:25 PM

98 posts, read 197,610 times

Advertisements

I'm going to give Hound Hosters a try. We will be in Charleston for one week for a wedding and the beach rental house doesn't allow pets.

They look great and will keep our multiple dogs at one home.

http://www.houndhosters.com/

~~Barb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 06:23 AM

3,383 posts, read 7,104,044 times
Preppy Pet in Ladson (right by the exchange) worked for me. I have a mini dachshund and the first time I boarded him (living in another state at the time) the people told me he was shaking the whole time and he had to sit on their lap all day. I didn't want that again for my dog. We had a good experience here. They gave me a nice tour of the place and were very sensitive to the fact that I was nervous for my dog. They had several employees and the place was clean. They kept the small dogs with people and were all around good. Check them out.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:27 AM

47 posts, read 68,550 times
Where ever you book do it early. It's extremely hard to book last minute. I use bed and biscuit and never have had any trouble. I like the inside and outside runs. I've tried to book at the one in Ladson several times but they are always booked. B and B is always booked too if I wait too late. They are not as pricey as some closer to Mt.P area, but it still gets expensive for both my dog and cat. They should just let my cat in the same run with my dog for a discount...lol.. They love each other. Maybe it would be cheaper that way..haha...but they wont'. They will also groom your dog while there and I have trouble finding a good groomer for my miniature Schnauzer(most cut his legs too short and then he looks like a rat dog). They did a really good job last stay.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:42 AM

3,256 posts, read 4,366,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynn View Post
The reason I wanted to use Bed & Biscuit is because it is like my previous boarding place where the dogs can stay together in one run and the run is inside/outside and they can go back and forth all day if they want. They shut the door to the outside off at night though... They are active and they need more than just a box all day. They also love sitting outside off an on. I will probably give B&B a visit to check it out for myself because it's the only one in the area I know of that has the indoor/outdoor.
OK so my vet recommended Bed & Biscuit after I described what I was looking for, and from googling, I came up with the Goose Creek Bed & Biscuit and assumed that was the one she was talking about.

I visited it and it was not the same type of place we had discussed so I did some more googling and found some more places with "Bed & Biscuit" in the name.. So I called the vet back this morning and ... I had the wrong Bed & Biscuit.

This is the one that is like where I used to board and the one I am going to use... it's in Awendaw.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-H...87956181229030

The vet I use also recommends this place:
Meow, Bark and Board Kennels

I just wanted to update this for anyone that needs it!

Old 09-17-2012, 12:26 PM

480 posts, read 674,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynn View Post
OK so my vet recommended Bed & Biscuit after I described what I was looking for, and from googling, I came up with the Goose Creek Bed & Biscuit and assumed that was the one she was talking about.

I visited it and it was not the same type of place we had discussed so I did some more googling and found some more places with "Bed & Biscuit" in the name.. So I called the vet back this morning and ... I had the wrong Bed & Biscuit.

This is the one that is like where I used to board and the one I am going to use... it's in Awendaw.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-H...87956181229030

The vet I use also recommends this place:
Meow, Bark and Board Kennels

I just wanted to update this for anyone that needs it!
I used Meow Bark and Board before. It's a little out of the way but I liked them.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:15 AM

98 posts, read 197,610 times
HOUND HOSTERS

Dog/Pet Boarding Charleston, Summerville, Mt. Pleasant SC | HoundHosters

This is Hound Hosters where we a going to board our 3 dogs. I've talked to the people who started it and they seem fantastic young people who love dogs.

Our 'guest host' has been chosen and my husband is going to make a visit to meet her. They recommend meeting the hosts and if you just don't 'click' with them, then you can have Hound Hosters choose another guest host.

What I like is that they post pictures on Facebook of your dogs having a good time.

They are a new business venture, have attended events with a table and information set up.... I trust them already!

~~Barb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area