Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 06:22 PM

2,277 posts, read 2,652,929 times

Advertisements

Ever tried Rio Granda West Ashley? We like it pretty good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2012, 06:45 PM

870 posts, read 1,678,534 times
Neighbors were just telling me about it last night. They really like it.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:33 PM

313 posts, read 709,135 times
I work just down the road, so I went for lunch to check it out and I have to say I was underwhelmed. Santis is nothing special.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:36 PM

313 posts, read 709,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
Ever tried Rio Granda West Ashley? We like it pretty good.
Rio Grande in West Ashley seems like a popular place. Just do not look too closely at things, if you do, there is a good chance you will find something crawling around. The food is decent, but when I see one of the roaches, I make it a point not to mention it to my wife because we would have to leave.

Old 09-29-2012, 04:44 PM

3,256 posts, read 5,279,493 times
We went to Los compadres in park west. It was different than other Mexican food I've had...different but good. I like the fluffy homemade corn tortilla they used on my quesadilla and the chips, salsa and queso were good.

Old 09-29-2012, 05:24 PM

859 posts, read 1,362,015 times
There's a Rio Grande in MT P too, in the Bell Hall center. There's a chicken dish that's heaven - grilled chicken breast, with sauteed chorizo and pobalno, and just a little of that yummy melted cheese on top. They have several different grilled chicken dishes that are all great! Oh, and never saw 'la cucaracha' in the Mt P one.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:13 PM

3,145 posts, read 5,958,087 times
Went to Santi's tonight for the first time. Mediocre food. Very bland for Mexican food...which is traditionally known for bold flavors. The worst part was the service. Once our food came the only time we saw our server was when he brought our bill. No checking in to see if our meal was ok...no refills on our drinks. There were never more than three tables in the restaurant.

Much prefer Los Arcos. Not the best, but consistent. We know what to expect when we go, and the service is good.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:03 PM

1,372 posts, read 2,049,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnu2308 View Post
Rio Grande in West Ashley seems like a popular place. Just do not look too closely at things, if you do, there is a good chance you will find something crawling around. The food is decent, but when I see one of the roaches, I make it a point not to mention it to my wife because we would have to leave.
I really didn't care for Rio Grande. We liked Senor Tequila better, and usually stick with them . Then again we could've just went to Rio on an off day.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:13 PM

1,186 posts, read 1,940,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudPatriot07 View Post
I really didn't care for Rio Grande. We liked Senor Tequila better, and usually stick with them . Then again we could've just went to Rio on an off day.
Wife likes Rio Grande. I'd be kind and say it the Dennys of Mexican food

Old 01-26-2013, 11:14 PM

3,145 posts, read 5,958,087 times
La Nortena on Rivers across from the Bootjack.

Holy Crap!

The absolute best Mexican in the Charleston area...without a doubt. I've not tried all the Mexican places here, but I'm convinced I don't have to now. We found the best...and the best is GOOD!

No waste of money here. The portions are big, the taste is untouched by anyone in the area, and the service was friendly and attentive.

We can't say enough good things about this place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area