Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 06:32 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,268,576 times

Advertisements

My dogs are funny about the laminate flooring, they start slow in the Kitchen, laminate flooring, build up speed down the hall, carpet, then slam on the brakes before they get to our bedroom, laminate....

He will get used to it..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 07:21 PM

4,281 posts, read 12,619,275 times
Tech

After all is said and done, would you do it again or pay someone in the business to do it?

Old 09-30-2012, 09:47 PM

870 posts, read 1,980,457 times
Now that I know the ins and outs, I'd do it again myself. It's not that bad really especially since I got the snap together stuff.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:22 AM

6,415 posts, read 1,388,586 times
The laminate looks good man, looks like real wood.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:01 AM

817 posts, read 1,995,722 times
My opinion on laminate flooring... just be careful which one you get.
I purchased Dupont laminate flooring ... a good reliable old brand name... yes, but not for laminate flooring products
I installed it in the kitchen.
I first ripped up the old linoleum... laid a sub-floor leveling it, skipped the 'barrier' coating underneath the laminate ... finished it with trim and voila it was done. Not hard, just be careful cutting the sizes you needed.

Everyone who saw it thought it was a real granite tiled floor..... fooled the home inspector as well.
This was my home in Brooklyn I was prepping to sell.. updated the kitchen floor, appliances, cabinets, counter tops. Oh same with the counter tops... I used simply HomeDepot run of the mill counter top and people thought they were granite, including the buyers home inspector. Hey if people asked if they were granite flooring, counter top I would not lie.. but if not asked.. I know nothing.

Anyway, while the flooring looked like real and expensive granite tile flooring...... they CHIPPED like crazy when something fell on them
Poor material and this was a product from Dupont.
Mrs and I swore off laminates for ever.

But there are different laminate material for different situations.
Please check

What a laminate floor 'looks' like and its functionality can be 2 different issues.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:21 PM

870 posts, read 1,980,457 times
I used this stuff

Dream Home - Charisma - 8mm Angel Fire Cherry Laminate:Lumber Liquidators

With this under it

BELLAWOOD - Premium Underlayment 100 Sq Ft :Lumber Liquidators

and matching threshold molding and quarter round.

My dad came to visit this weekend and he's spent more time in the middle east than most Arabs during his career with the State Department. If my bank called me today and said they decided to reward me for never being late on my mortgage by writing off the balance of it, I could sell my house for what it's probably worth and not have enough to buy Dad's collection of rugs. He's sending me a few to cover parts of the new floor.

Seriously, his house is three times the size of mine and he has rugs on the floors and hanging on the walls and he's still got a few dozen (at least) wrapped up in plastic and stuffed in closets.

I will most likely use tile in the kitchen and bathrooms when I redo them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area