Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 10:08 PM

183 posts, read 355,383 times

Advertisements

That bar in the Food Lion shopping center used to be Palmetto Grill. That's where my girlfriend and I went for an after dinner drink on our first date.

The apartments off Blue House Road are nice for what I know, but not in an are I'd walk or ride my bike with the overpass and all the traffic there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 10:27 PM

431 posts, read 924,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealDreamer View Post
The Right Side_TX: To answer your questions...

Does she want to ride/ walk to work or School? - She would be driving to work near the airport. She wants to be in an apt complex where she can safely walk and ride her bicycle.

Ok got it So she will be going to Charleston Southern. - No, she's not going to Charleston Southern! I didn't say that. If you read my post above you'll see that I said she doesn't want to be in a complex that has tons of college students. She's a professional engineering planner who is in her 40's.

You're saying she won't have a car right? - LOL!! No, I never said that!! She *will* have a car.
Sorry was in rush and should have read your post closer. Ok I got it now promise! I think a complex off Ladson would be here best bet. My Complex has a lot of Military, Boeing, and a few students like I said earlier. But not enough to make it feel like a bunch of college kids run the place. It's rather quiet and civil. The Apartments next to mine are called Coopers Ridge you may want to look into those as well. They are a bit further away from the Shopping Center directly across from mine though.

As far as commute to the Airport area, I work on the Base and it takes me about 20-25 mins door to door. So it would be somewhere around there for her. She can take Palmetto Commerce all the way down to Ashley Phosphate which is a great traffic free commute. That being said between 7-8am the light at Ashley Phosphate backs up really bad and can be a headache.

The only Apartments off of Ladson I'd avoid is Planters Retreat, as I've heard mixed things about them

Old 09-14-2012, 05:23 AM

1,075 posts, read 2,103,993 times
Ingleside Apartments is one of our projects actually.

It's nice inside and from what I've seen I don't think your friend would have to worry too much about a loud, obnoxious college crowd being in there.

Your friend would definitely be able to walk and bike inside the apartment complex ... there's actually a lot of elevation change in there so that your friend would get a pretty good workout from walking/biking up and down hill etc too.

Outside the apartments it's a little different.

Blue House Rd itself isn't too bad ... it dead-ends so you only have to deal with traffic from people living in Ingleside Apartments ... at least for now. There are plans to extend it (as well as the next road off 78 going towards Ladson Rd) as a frontage road all the way to Ashley Phosphate eventually.

Riding/biking on 78 in that area might be kind of intimidating though ... there is a LOT of traffic at 78 and I-26 in the mornings and evenings.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:20 PM

217 posts, read 570,756 times
I know someone who lived at Ingelside and he liked it there. However, there isn't much of a neighborhood to ride a bike/walk around in. It's just the buildings in the apartment complex there. I preferred Farmington Village and The Tradition apartments because they were close to shopping and the interstate, and not in Ladson which is really a "neither here nor there" kind of town. Not much going on there. I'd personally recommend Midland Terrace apartments, though they are co-ops and don't always have rentals available. They're definitely worth a call, though. I'd avoid Coopers Ridge at all costs - it is NOT a safe complex.

If she's not dead set on living in the Ladson/Summerville area, the commute from Mt Pleasant to the airport isn't bad. Might even be quicker at certain times. The difference in price is only $100-$200 a month more, depending on the complex.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:29 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,436,480 times
We know people who lived in Midland Terrace and they would NOT recommend it. Anyone can PM me for additional info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area