U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-06-2007, 07:31 PM

8,560 posts, read 8,455,443 times
Default ATM machines in Charleston?

Besides no breakdown lanes on many of the main roads in Charleston that I had to travel on driving back and forth from Edisto Beach to Charleston and Mt. Pleasant during my last visit, I noticed when stopping at a Bank of America to get cash that there were NO ATM machines at the two branches I stopped at. Were these branches unusual or do automatic teller machines not exist anywhere in Charleston?

I'm not criticising, I'm just seriously wondering.

If there are no ATM machines, what happens if you run out of cash and need to access your checking account to get more at 9PM on a Saturday or a Thursday, for that matter?

We've had ATM machines I think since the 80's here.

Are ATM machines something Charleston has been resisting having(like turning up the lights downtown at night) because it ruins the small town feel?

Last edited by emilybh; 10-06-2007 at 09:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2007, 09:13 PM

269 posts, read 560,343 times
I see ATMs everywhere.

Old 10-06-2007, 10:53 PM

899 posts, read 2,310,684 times
They are EVERYWHERE!
If there is a gas station selling beer at 2am, there is an ATM.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim3310 View Post
They are EVERYWHERE!
If there is a gas station selling beer at 2am, there is an ATM.
Thank-you. I'm glad it was just me being non-observant and not that there really aren't any.

Don't most of the banks have them at their branch offices? I don't like going to any where I have to pay money to do a transaction at some independent one . You'd think Bank of America on James Island (where I went once to get cash) would have had one.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:58 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,846,714 times
It does, at least the one on Folly @ Maybank does. It's in an exterior location in the parking lot, not the drive-thru lanes.

Old 10-07-2007, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJShymansky View Post
It does, at least the one on Folly @ Maybank does. It's in an exterior location in the parking lot, not the drive-thru lanes.
Oh. I guess I was looking for it in the vestibule when you first enter the building. I didn't think that down south more of them might be outside ...with all the nice weather I suppose there is little need to have them inside.

Old 10-07-2007, 08:33 AM

I hope I can get all my stupid questions out of my system in this forum before I get down there and make a fool of myself asking them to natives--- when I'd rather try and fit in, make friends and not draw attention to myself like I'm some dumb Yankee who can't figure out the customs down there. SHEESH! LOL! (Sorry, you guys have to read them---maybe when I get down there I'll make it up to you somehow....)

Old 10-07-2007, 09:09 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,846,714 times
We love you, Emily. No worries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area