Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 07:59 AM

6,415 posts, read 1,387,668 times

Advertisements

I had a question,
I am a lover of the water, Stono River, Ashley River, salt water rivers, whether fishing and crabbing , and the Atlantic Ocean.
I go to the water often , whenever I can, whether to ride the waves, fish, crab or just walk on the beach.
I do not believe I will ever live away from the East Coast.

Does anybody live in Charleston and never go around the water and why? I have friends that never , ever go to the beach or the water! Some people visit here and go downtown, and leave! I just don't understand this. I live somewhere mainly for the coast, I do not live in Charleston for the history or the downtown (although I think Downtown is cool).
The main reason I live somewhere is the coast. Am I the minority?
If you never go to the beach or rivers, please explain why.
[+] Rate this post positively
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 08:33 AM

3,256 posts, read 5,256,358 times
I'm not that into the water. I'm more of a mountain person

Why? --> I don't like the creepy things in the water. I have red hair so I burn easily and quickly. I don't really like getting wet and wearing swimsuits.

I do enjoy walking or running at the beach but sitting all day in the sun is a no go for me.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:42 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,267,177 times
I to am fair haired and light skinned but I have lived near or on the water my entire life, including several years under it....

My wife is from La Coast and she is the same way, other than living under it....

When we look for places to live it always has to be near the water in some way shape or form, currently we are looking at land in Cross and only concidering it because it is right next to the big lakes up there and reminds her of life on the Calcasieu....

Old 10-25-2012, 08:47 AM

11,011 posts, read 10,963,433 times
I never go to the beach. Just not my thing but we spend a ton of time on the water on our boat. My husband spends every single weekend on the boat fishing but my daughter and I tend to limit our time out there to the warmer months. So in warm weather, we will have boat out anywhere between 2-5 times per week. Shrimping season sees him out there in the evenings during the week.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:52 AM

43 posts, read 65,786 times
We alternate, a weekend downtown the next on the beach.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:09 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,608,228 times
Over the summer I went to North Carolina to spend a week on a lake.

I grew up in Florida, did the beach thing my whole life, reget not going a little bit this last summer with our kid but lots of work, and we got our swimming fix at the pool a couple times a week.

I don't have a boat, kind of interested in getting one, but not paying for it/dealing with it.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:17 AM

45,680 posts, read 23,815,156 times
I grew up in Bermuda and always wanted to live by the ocean again. We purposely wanted to be within an hour of the beach -- now I live within 10 minutes. WOOT. We don't go weekly in the winter but we do go at least once a week in the summer. I would LOVE a boat. We use to have a boat years ago in Canada and I would love to have one here. Maybe some day.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:20 AM

Thanks for the repsonses. Interesting to me.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:51 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,623,826 times
I love the water,,,but HATE to lay on the beach.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Rick Hiott View Post
I love the water,,,but HATE to lay on the beach.
Well, I knew you loved the water Captain. I didn't even need to ask you!
That is a nice boat! And, is that you in the picture Sir?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area