Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 09:20 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,329,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddaVisser View Post
It's on the internet so it must be true, but let's not start a liberal vs conservative debate. It's unnecessary and childish. I'm just asking how some of you are so sure Obamacare is the reason Sweetwater Summerville is closing? Are we going to blame every business that closes from here on out on Obamacare. If so, why were businesses closing well before anyone knew what an Obama was?
Never said I was sure, it was just a suggestion, but once again the liberals have to jump to the defense of this failed president, so now we get a third term of Jimmy Carter...

Old 11-20-2012, 10:12 PM

422 posts, read 486,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
Never said I was sure, it was just a suggestion, but once again the liberals have to jump to the defense of this failed president, so now we get a third term of Jimmy Carter...

"with full implementation of Obamacare just around the corner lots of places are opting to close down rather than pay for healthcare." is not a suggestion, it is a declarative sentence blatantly implying that Sweetwater is opting to close down rather than pay for healthcare. If it truly was just a suggestion you would use "It may be..." or "It is possible..." or something similar but you didn't because that wasn't your intention.

Still waiting on a cogent response to the question, if Obamacare is the cause of all these businesses closing down what was causing so many businesses to close down in the decades and decades before anyone heard of an Obama? So far I'm getting you're a "liberal" as if I care, nevermind I voted for Gary Johnson this past election.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:32 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,329,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddaVisser View Post
"with full implementation of Obamacare just around the corner lots of places are opting to close down rather than pay for healthcare." is not a suggestion, it is a declarative sentence blatantly implying that Sweetwater is opting to close down rather than pay for healthcare. If it truly was just a suggestion you would use "It may be..." or "It is possible..." or something similar but you didn't because that wasn't your intention.

Still waiting on a cogent response to the question, if Obamacare is the cause of all these businesses closing down what was causing so many businesses to close down in the decades and decades before anyone heard of an Obama? So far I'm getting you're a "liberal" as if I care, nevermind I voted for Gary Johnson this past election.
You need to go back to your government school and learn how to read, that is entirely a suggestion.....

Doesn't say that Sweetwater in particular is closing it is just a suggestion as to why they may be closing....

I voted for Gary as well, but that doesn't change the fact that Obamacare is a job killer and Gary wanted to kill it quicker than Romney did....

Entrepreneurs say Obamacare would force closings, create 'unimaginable' financial burdens | Nevada Journal

Obama Surprised To Hear ObamaCare Hurts Small Businesses | RealClearPolitics

Out of business avalanche: Small biz owners report ‘closing up shop,’ and ‘can’t afford to stay in business’ | Twitchy

Three different websites all citing businesses closing due to Obamacare.....

Old 11-21-2012, 12:06 AM

422 posts, read 486,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
You need to go back to your government school and learn how to read, that is entirely a suggestion.....

Doesn't say that Sweetwater in particular is closing it is just a suggestion as to why they may be closing....

I voted for Gary as well, but that doesn't change the fact that Obamacare is a job killer and Gary wanted to kill it quicker than Romney did....

Entrepreneurs say Obamacare would force closings, create 'unimaginable' financial burdens | Nevada Journal

Obama Surprised To Hear ObamaCare Hurts Small Businesses | RealClearPolitics

Out of business avalanche: Small biz owners report ‘closing up shop,’ and ‘can’t afford to stay in business’ | Twitchy

Three different websites all citing businesses closing due to Obamacare.....

You made a declarative statement, you don't have to explicitly state Sweetwater because it clear as day your intentions.

Still not answering the question: if Obamacare is the cause of all these businesses closing down what was causing so many businesses to close down in the decades and decades before anyone heard of an Obama?

Just like you found stories of owners claiming Obamacare caused them to close, I can find small business owners fine with Obamacare. In fact one study found that the majority of small business owners support Obamacare. Small Business Majority | Small Business Owners

Several studies have already debunked the assumption that the health care reform law will negatively impact the economy by discouraging small business owners from hiring. In fact, there is no evidence to suggest that Obamacare will require small businesses to provide expensive health care plans that they can’t afford. In fact, so far over a quarter-million small businesses have claimed Obamacare tax deductions for providing health insurance to their employees, so it makes me wonder what other variables are causing those 3 businesses to close.

Small Biz Owner is OK With ObamaCare | Fox Business Video

Nick Martin, Ian’s Pizza Restaurant owner and managing partner, on why he believes ObamaCare will be a benefit to his business, rather than an obstacle.

Mary Alford, Owner Of The Sustainable Design Group, Says Business Will Grow Under Obama

Mary Alford, owner of The Sustainable Design Group, says business will grow under Obama

Old 11-21-2012, 03:26 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,727,879 times
This has gone too far off topic. We have a politics forum for all your political fights.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
View detailed profiles of: