Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 06:23 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,591,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseandscott View Post
My boyfriend and I are interested in Mt.Pleasant. We are also from NY state (grew up in the albany area and I also lived in NYC for 5 years). My Boyfriend is a police officer, and were trying to figure out what the Mt.Pleasant Police dept. is like? We have read a bad review that the department has some bad stuff going on internally, but that was 1+ years ago. If anyone has any info. for us, it would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you!
I know several people at the Mt. Pleasant PD and they are all very professional. The department is accredited, and they strive to keep up that accreditation. The new chief is a nice guy. There is a lot of opportunity to do many different aspects of police work. They have patrol division, traffic division, detectives, SWAT, marine patrol, and a lot more. They have a lot of training all the time. As far as pay, if I remember correctly, they are right up there with Charleston. If they are less, I don't think it is a lot less. You should have your boyfriend start the application process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynn View Post
and probably bored of driving up and down 17 and all around/in town center
The way it works is the town is split into 7 sections. There is a patrol officer in each section and they are in charge of that section only unless someone needs backup. On Fridays, every officer in the department is working, so there are a lot of officers around. They double up on the different sections, but drive in separate cruisers.

As far as Town Centre, there is one full time officer assigned there and she works 2nd shift. Town Centre actually pays the town for her, so that doesn't come out of our pockets. She stays in Town Centre her entire shift. When she isn't working, the other officers will drive through during their patrol.

It's amazing how much I learned about the police department in Citizens Police Academy! It was quite interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 06:26 AM

2 posts, read 2,888 times
Thank you for all of the great information!! He has already started the application process, hopefully we get down there soon to visit the area. Thank you again for being so helpful!

Old 02-18-2013, 07:40 AM

119 posts, read 301,275 times
We relocated from NYC in 2010 and have been very happy here.
Good luck with your move! Let us know where you "land."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area