Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 08:25 PM

3,861 posts, read 4,595,248 times

Advertisements

I cancelled my land line as soon as they allowed me to port my phone # over to a cell phone and I've never looked back.

Page Plus gives me unlimited minutes and texts and 200mg of data per month. I'm not into watching videos on my phone or anything else that requires heavy data usage but I do check email fairly frequently, use Google Navigator on occasion and a few other data applications. I've never even used half of the 200mb available. It costs $40/mo. And it's important to note that it's $40. There's no added taxes, fcc fees, local access fees, just because fees, etc. I signed up thru Kitty Wireless and they had some deal whereby if I chose to just have my credit card debited automatically every month I get a discount so it really only cost me $36 and change. I don't think they have that deal anymore but I'm not sure.

They have cheaper plans (my daughter's is $30/mo) and more expensive plans with lots more data. I think it's the best deal around (tho I haven't looked in 2 or 3 years).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 08:59 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,591,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalHero View Post
I cancelled my land line as soon as they allowed me to port my phone # over to a cell phone and I've never looked back.

Page Plus gives me unlimited minutes and texts and 200mg of data per month. I'm not into watching videos on my phone or anything else that requires heavy data usage but I do check email fairly frequently, use Google Navigator on occasion and a few other data applications. I've never even used half of the 200mb available. It costs $40/mo. And it's important to note that it's $40. There's no added taxes, fcc fees, local access fees, just because fees, etc. I signed up thru Kitty Wireless and they had some deal whereby if I chose to just have my credit card debited automatically every month I get a discount so it really only cost me $36 and change. I don't think they have that deal anymore but I'm not sure.

They have cheaper plans (my daughter's is $30/mo) and more expensive plans with lots more data. I think it's the best deal around (tho I haven't looked in 2 or 3 years).
I am going to have to look into this more. I pay $20 - $30 per month depending on how much I talk/text, but that is for 200 - 300 minutes and each text costs 1/2 minute. It looks like I can get 250 minutes a month, along with 250 text messages, for $12 a month. That is plenty for me.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:44 AM

3,861 posts, read 4,595,248 times
Another thing I like about PP is that it runs on the Verizon system and you can use nearly any Verizon phone as long as it's not locked. You do have to provide your own phone though. No free phones on the pre-paids. Kitty has them for sale but it's cheaper and bigger selection on Ebay.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:53 AM

10,073 posts, read 7,754,937 times
Just noticed Page Plus which uses Verizon towers has a plan for 29.95 a month that would be perfect. 1200 minutes, 3000 text/pic messages and 250 mb data and hopefully I can use my current Verizon phone so I wouldn't evan have to buy a new phone.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:22 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,046,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Just noticed Page Plus which uses Verizon towers has a plan for 29.95 a month that would be perfect. 1200 minutes, 3000 text/pic messages and 250 mb data and hopefully I can use my current Verizon phone so I wouldn't evan have to buy a new phone.
That's a good deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area