Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 04:07 PM

183 posts, read 356,691 times

Advertisements

This place... kinda sucked. My girlfriend had a good bit of clothing that she wanted to sell and figured they might give her a good deal for them. They were Old Navy, NY & Company, and a few other brands. Some had never been worn before. But they were mostly turned away for wear and being out of season (they are in spring/summer now). She was told her sweaters had started pilling, and they couldn't accept that. We then looked at their sweaters on the rack and some of them were pilling. How nice. They did offer to take the rest of her clothes for "donations," but I told my gf we'd just sell them in a garage sale, or give them to Goodwill ourselves.

They did accept a few articles and offered either $8 or $10 store credit. She took the credit, and then couldn't find anything she wanted (lol). So I got a couple of Polo shirts. I wouldn't have bought them if not for the credit and because there was a sale. A used shirt for $17? LOL. A brand new one is $10 at Old Navy, it just doesn't have a little horsie on it. But it is a nice shirt.

Some of the clothes were a little iffy, and I found a nice pair of Justin boots that would have been a steal, but they were too small. Also saw a very nice pair of shoes, but I am not paying $80 for a used pair of shoes.

In short, the quality of clothes was slightly better than Goodwill at pretty bad prices considering they're selling used clothing. Their standards for what they'd buy was inconsistent. Neither one of us liked it much, which is unfortunate considering we're not above looking at Goodwill or actual consignment shops to get a good deal.

Anyone else shop here? Ladies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 07:20 PM

3,256 posts, read 5,279,493 times
Went once. Thought it was weird. Quite the snobby personnel for used clothing.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:59 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,639,255 times
I would say something here,,,,but Ill be nice......................

Old 01-20-2013, 06:17 AM

3,256 posts, read 5,279,493 times
Say it!

Old 01-20-2013, 06:47 AM

1,186 posts, read 1,940,469 times
Put Ricks opinion of MP and used clothes together, you'll have a pretty good idea

Old 01-20-2013, 08:04 AM

1,372 posts, read 2,049,651 times
I went in there once and wasn't impressed. Like Robynn said the workers were not super nice (I get a bit peeved if I walk into a store where there are not many people and no one greets me), and all the clothes were overpriced. They had some Vera Bradley bags that were nice, but you could get a better deal on a brand new bag, newer pattern, online for less money.

Maybe it's a good place if you want very upscale items, but I see better deals at the stores in the mall when they have a sale on (and of course, there's always a sale... a new "one day sale" begins every day, hehe).

I won't ever go back there, but I'll definitely hit up the MtP Goodwill stores because they usually have great merchandise. I guess it's whatever Uptown doesn't take and drastically mark up!

Old 01-20-2013, 08:20 AM

183 posts, read 356,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversides View Post
Put Ricks opinion of MP and used clothes together, you'll have a pretty good idea
He has an opinion on used clothes? Say what you want about Mt. P, I don't live there

Well, glad to see I'm not the only one

Old 01-20-2013, 01:17 PM

1,541 posts, read 2,677,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudPatriot07 View Post
I went in there once and wasn't impressed. Like Robynn said the workers were not super nice (I get a bit peeved if I walk into a store where there are not many people and no one greets me)
I also was unimpressed with both the store and the staff. However I didn't think the girls there were any worse than teenage girls working in a loud obnoxious retail store anywhere else in the country.
I'm sure it's just because I'm old as dirt, but I think when you put more than three teen females together in one spot they are going to be intolerable no matter where you are.
Good thing I have three sons, hmmmm?

Old 01-20-2013, 03:44 PM

870 posts, read 1,678,534 times
Also went once..didn't think the clothes were in that good of shape either

Old 01-20-2013, 03:54 PM

4,281 posts, read 12,666,640 times
Rox

Somebody once described the young waitresses at a restaurant as "doe eyed teenagers" standing around staring at the fish tank rather then knowing what they were doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area