Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 12:10 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times

Advertisements

Yes the master plan called for a library and a fire station as well.

You do realize this is like a 10 year project, even in a good market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 02:45 PM

119 posts, read 301,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
And you have to admit those gawd awful concrete barriers they threw up on 17 along Snee Farm and the condos off IOP are uglier than any shed could hope to be....Instead they put them in 30 feet tall without a hill, tree or shrub to shield them in the least.
I agree, those big WALLS are HIDEOUS! I do hope they plan to do some landscaping in front of them, it would at least camouflage and soften their appearance a bit.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:57 PM

3,145 posts, read 5,956,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Part of the Carolina Park does include land for an elementary school but there is no immediate plan to build on it. Often a developer will dedicate land for park or school at the time the plan is approved by the municipality -- does not mean it will be immediately used for that purpose.
This is exactly what I found out today when speaking with someone who actually knows what they are talking about.

The land is there, but no immediate plans to build.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NP2B View Post
I agree, those big WALLS are HIDEOUS! I do hope they plan to do some landscaping in front of them, it would at least camouflage and soften their appearance a bit.
We think they are ugly too. Really takes away from the "town" feel. I highly doubt they will do anything to hide them.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:20 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Originally I posted this comment in another thread--- don't ask me how or why.......I'm old, blonde and distracted...

Driving 17 never had a 'town' feel before the walls either.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:05 AM

817 posts, read 2,003,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cape_fisherman View Post
We think they are ugly too. Really takes away from the "town" feel. I highly doubt they will do anything to hide them.
Finally passed them myself coming back from Myrtle Beach airport, which as I had written earlier I now switched back to CHS airport as JetBlue caused a drop in fares to NYC (158 RT Delta)

I cannot believe those shacks.... barns.... garages.... oversize doghouses ... WHOAH !!!!!!!!!

Glad all my traveling is towards downtown from PW

Speaking of the Carolina Park area........... I know the adjacent areas Commonwealth and Darrell Creek... does anyone know anything about the Tupelo subdivision (where a friend of mine is looking) ?

Old 03-03-2013, 06:56 PM

5,276 posts, read 6,207,341 times
I was told they were on pace to sell 10% of the lots/homes this year and were going to ramp up activity next year. My interpretation would be that if 10% is getting started they are proably aiming to do 20% of the lots per year. And they supposedly are not fully locked in on the design of the areas deepest into the subdivision so might be open to adjusting that to meet the market whether it means more tract homes or a larger portion of custom homes.

Does anyone know if that fire station is the Town of Mt Pleasant one that bid back at the start of the year. Hadn't put one and one together but I remember it being on the North edge of town and that would probably be the natural location.

FWIW- I think the commercial area will probably be a great draw because with everyone being so far out there (esp with traffic) I imagine a Town Center style development would do huge business.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelNYC View Post
Speaking of the Carolina Park area........... I know the adjacent areas Commonwealth and Darrell Creek... does anyone know anything about the Tupelo subdivision (where a friend of mine is looking) ?
Tell your friend to hurry if interested. Tupelo isn't listed yet on the MLS, they don't have their model completed, the agent is "hidden" over at the Carolina Park office...and they have already sold 12 homes and are getting ready to open up their second set of lots (along with a substantial price increase). That neighborhood is hot. It is already too late to get in on the original pricing.

They left a decent number of trees in the development with a large number of grand trees in the second section which is yet to have roads installed.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:52 PM

817 posts, read 2,003,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cape_fisherman View Post
Tell your friend to hurry if interested. Tupelo isn't listed yet on the MLS, they don't have their model completed, the agent is "hidden" over at the Carolina Park office...and they have already sold 12 homes and are getting ready to open up their second set of lots (along with a substantial price increase). That neighborhood is hot. It is already too late to get in on the original pricing.

They left a decent number of trees in the development with a large number of grand trees in the second section which is yet to have roads installed.
Much Thanks CF............ I forwarded this to my friend

Old 03-06-2013, 09:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,187 times
Default Stay away

[quote=afk05;28470187]Does anyone have any experience with Pulte homes in Mt. Pleasant? Do you know which subcontractor they use? I know that they are a huge national builder, but the reviews have been very mixed on them. Do their higher-end homes have as many issues as some of the other lower-end homes that they have built?[/

Too many problems and we have barely gotten unpacked!!! Beware of the low quality work and standards for repair. We will hire an outside company to ensure the home is fixed correctly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area